Experience the Golden Age of the Les Paul!
With wave after wave of cutting-edge designs, no one at Sweetwater is likely to accuse Gibson of a lack of innovation. However, in the case of the 2014 Les Paul Traditional solidbody electric guitar, they applied their genius to brining back many of the rarer characteristics of their most famous guitars in its heyday. The 2014 Les Paul Traditional starts off with a solid (and we mean solid!) mahogany body topped with AA figured maple for beautifully balanced tone and epic sustain. A rounded '50s neck profile also adds to the appeal of this axe, but the real crowning glory is the Les Paul Traditional's pair of '59 Tribute humbuckers, which deliver the extra-hot tone that really kicked off the rock age.
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Traditional Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- '59 Tribute humbuckers take you back to Gibson's golden days
- The satisfying sustain of solid mahogany topped with premium maple
- '50s rounded neck carve gives you traditional chunkier feel
Ask any avid Gibson guitar enthusiast what the golden days of the Les Paul were, and they'll probably tell you 1959. That was the year when Gibson nailed down the iconic essence of the Les Paul, and a lot of that had to do with getting the formula just right for their new PAF humbuckers. The '59 Tribute humbuckers you'll find on this Les Paul Traditional feature a special configuration designed to re-create these hotter vintage pickups. Like Gibson's BurstBuckers, '59 Tribute humbuckers use an asymmetrical magnet setup, only with a hotter slug coil rather than a hotter screw coil. The result is a beefier reversed-front-pickup you're unlikely to find on anything but a rare pawnshop find or this Les Paul Traditional.The satisfying sustain of solid mahogany topped with premium maple
No weight relief chambering here - this Les Paul Traditional is solid wood, through and through. Of the hundreds of Les Pauls that come through Sweetwater on a regular basis, only a handful feature unchambered bodies. But to serious technical players such as Joe Bonamassa, chambered or weight-relieved Les Pauls just don't cut it. There's a certain kind of fullness and a distinct degree of sustain you give up when you lose that wood. From the first time you plug in your Les Paul Traditional, you'll hear and feel the difference this important detail makes.'50s rounded neck carve gives you traditional chunkier feel
Speaking of historical feel, if you're not much of a fan of Gibson's thinner SlimTaper neck carves, then the Les Paul Traditional's slightly chunkier and incredibly comfortable '50s rounded neck profile is sure to float your boat. Not only is it satisfying in your hand, but the added mass of this neck leads to punchier dynamics and sustain that will go on for days. If you're thinking of a certain scene from Spinal Tap right about now, you're not far off.Gibson 2014 Les Paul Traditional Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Everything that made the Les Paul the iconic instrument it is today wrapped up in one guitar
- Non-chambered mahogany body topped with AA figured maple delivers classic LP tone and epic sustain
- Vintage-style '59 Tribute humbuckers provide the extra-hot tone that made the Les Paul the original rock guitar
- '50s rounded neck carve gives you a chunkier and more comfortable feel than a modern SlimTaper
- Additional appointments include chrome hardware, cream plastics, and gold Speed Knobs with dial pointers
- Vintage brown hardshell case included