The Holy Grail of Guitars: The 1959 Les Paul Standard!
Gibson's Custom, Art, Historic division provides an atmosphere for a select group of inspired artisans to carry on Gibson's century-old tradition of creating exquisite, investment quality instruments that represent the highest standards of imaginative design and masterful craftsmanship.
The only major change to the Les Paul Standard in 1959 was the addition of wider, fatter, "jumbo" frets, which facilitated more dramatic bends. the real force of the change was not felt until the late 1960s when rock and blues players like Eric Clapton, Mike Bloomfield, and Peter Green began to discover the fat, warm voice of the '59 Standard. This moment in history marked the beginning of the idealization of the '59 Les Paul as the Holy Grail of guitars in the minds of professionals, collectors and weekend warriors.Gibson 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue:
- Color: Washed Cherry
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Neck Wood: 1-piece mahogany with long neck tenon, holly headstock veneer
- Neck Shape: 1959 rounded neck profile
- Top Wood: Carved figured maple top
- Body Wood: Solid, non-weight relieved mahogany
- Machine Heads: Vintage tulip tuners
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- No. of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Position Markers: Acrylic trapezoid inlays (accurate shape and color)
- Pickups: 2 BurstBucker (rhythm and treble) pickups, CTS pots and bumble bee capacitors
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-way selector
- Bridge/Tailpiece: ABR-1 bridge, lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece
- Hardware: Nickel, thin toggleswitch washer and jackplate
- Includes certificate of authenticity, and custom care kit
- Custom Shop case Included