A Stunning Koa 12-string!
The Taylor K66ce 12-string acoustic-electric guitar brings the great sound of koa to the Taylor line! This Grand Symphony style guitar features a single Venetian cutaway, with beautiful and amazing-sounding Hawaiian Koa wood making up its top, back and sides. This gorgeous wood is accentuated by breathtaking rosewood and maple body binding and gold hardware. The K66ce's tropical mahogany neck is topped with a quality ebony fingerboard, and the Island Vine inlays. You'll love the excellent midrange projection and beautiful 12-string shimmer you get out of the great-playing Taylor K66ce 12-string acoustic-electric guitar.
Taylor K66ce 12-string Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
- The rich sound and look of Hawaiian koa: a tonewood like no other
- Grand Symphony body style: huge, balanced tone with articulation
- Taylor's Expression System 2 delivers incredibly natural sound with full dynamics
Koa is a treasured tonewood that's only found on the Hawaiian islands. Koa is prized for its combination of warm tone and beautiful looks. The Taylor K66ce 12-string guitar has an all-koa body that combines the midrange richness of mahogany with the sparkling top end of maple. The Grand Symphony body style further enhances the wide-ranging tone and excellent balance of the 12-string K66ce. And because all-solid tonewoods are used, the K66ce's tone will become richer and more complex as the years go by.Grand Symphony body style: huge, balanced tone with articulation
Bob Taylor developed the Grand Symphony body style to push the sonic envelope (yet again). Deeper, fuller, and louder than a Grand Auditorium - or a Dreadnought, for that matter - the GS serves up sonorous, piano-esque lows, solid midrange, and confident treble. Whether strummed or flatpicked, the Taylor K66ce gives your notes articulation - even with a light attack. The Grand Symphony is a body style that means it.Taylor's Expression System 2 delivers incredibly natural sound with full dynamics
Traditionally, acoustic-electric guitars have employed under-saddle piezo transducers, but Taylor has discovered a better way. Their revolutionary Expression System 2 uses a proprietary pickup behind the saddle. The pickup's three individually calibrated, precisely positioned piezo-electric sensors respond organically to the instrument's acoustic energy as it's transferred through the saddle. In concert with Taylor's custom-designed preamp (which delivers a 25% hotter signal), the result is a more natural acoustic sound with incredible dynamic range and responsiveness to your pick or finger attack. Sweetwater's guitar gurus are mightily impressed with Taylor's Expression System 2. Whether you're onstage through a PA, plugged into an acoustic amp, or direct into recording software, the ES2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor K66ce 12-string guitar.Taylor K66ce 12-string Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Koa Series Grand Symphony 12-string guitar with Hawaiian koa body and elegant appointments
- Gorgeous Island Vine fretboard inlay and rosewood/maple soundhole rosette add touches of class any guitarist can appreciate
- Ebony fretboard feels fast and smooth, further enhanced by the fretboard binding
- Indian rosewood binding on body, fretboard, and headstock provides a refined look you'll only get from a top-shelf guitar
- Taylor Expression System 2 electronics provide exceptionally natural-sounding plugged-in tone
- Graceful Venetian cutaway gives you easy access to upper frets
- Taylor deluxe hardshell case included