K2600 - With 88 Fully Weighted Keys!
Whatever your dreams as a musician, these incredible instruments give you the tools to reach your goal. The Kurzweil K2600X gives you all of the features you might want in an electronic musical instrument in one workstation! The K2600X contains hundreds of ultra-realistic, natural sounds that are praised for their authenticity and superb attention to detail. And the 88 weighted piano-action keys make the K2600X the ideal keyboard for piano-playing synthesists and composers.Kurzweil K2600X at a Glance:
- Quality fully-weighted 88-key action for realistic piano feel
- Incredible sounding presets plus extensive sample format compatibility
- V.A.S.T. programming for the most powerful synthesis architure ever made
- KDFX digital effects onboard for world-class effects
Fully-weighted 88-key piano action
One thing many keyboard players demand of any electronic keyboard is a quality keyboard action. And the K2600X delivers, with 88 keys, fully weighted, for natural piano-style resistance, escapement, and realism. It makes the K2600X the ideal keyboard workstation for the piano-playing composer or performer!
Incredible onboard sounds and sample compatibility
The huge range of remarkable synthetic timbres and multi-effects processors at your disposal means you can create any sound imaginable with the K2600X. Want more sounds? The K2600X can read the samples from .WAV, .AIFF, Roland, Akai and Ensoniq-to say nothing of the standard-setting Sweetwater Sound libraries! If you need even more power, you can expand and upgrade your K2600 Series instrument to meet your every requirement. Add optional first-rate sampling (with digital and analog I/O), Sample RAM (up to 128MB), internal/external hard drives, Program RAM, ROM SoundBlock upgrades, and more! In addition to hardware upgrades, the K2600 protects you from obsolescence with instantly upgradable operating system software.
V.A.S.T. - the most powerful synth engine on Earth!
But most importantly, the K2600X features the most powerful synthesis architecture on Earth: Kurzweil's exclusive Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology. V.A.S.T. shatters the boundaries of synthesis, giving you an astounding array of fully programmable capabilities. With V.A.S.T. your K2600X can emulate analog-style subtractive synthesis, apply filters to samples or manipulate Digital Signal Processing tools to create exactly the sound you want!
KDFX for world-class effects
The K2600X also includes the revolutionary KDFX 4-stereo-bus digital effects processor as standard equipment! Kurzweil KDFX includes a versatile 5-stereo-bus design, 24-bit signal processing, cutting edge DSP functionality, and unparalleled real-time control, all with an extremely flexible routing scheme. All I/O can be routed through KDFX including 8 outputs and 8 inputs from Kurzweil Digital Stream (KDS) digital I/O, or sampling I/O. KDFX opens a whole new realm of possibilities for your K2600X.
- All new set of 400 Programs (200 in ROM and 200 in RAM) and 100 Setups, plus 48 more Live Mode, KB3 Mode, and Stereo Piano programs (the same as in K2500 700s bank)
- New "Groove Template" Setups provide very cool interactive playing possibilities. The new programs take great advantage of the 8 sliders on the K2600 keyboards, with virtually every program having some aspect of the sound adjustable via the 8 sliders, mod wheel, and button controllers
- KDFX multi-effects processor now fully integrated
- Balanced Audio Outputs deliver professional audio signal levels (1/4" TRS) Unbalanced (1/4") are also supported
- Acclaimed Stereo Piano 4MB ROM included
- 48dB of Filter Resonance now offered (vs 24dB)
- A removable panel on the bottom of the instrument allows for easy user installation of PRAM, SIMMs, ROM Blocks, and the battery (now uses a lithium "coin" type battery)
- 512k Standard P/RAM (expandable to 1.5MB with P/RAM expansion board)
- Sound ROM can be expanded to 44MB using the four existing ROM expansion
boards: Orchestra, Contemporary and Vintage Electric Pianos and General MIDI
- Comes with 16MB of Sample RAM. Expandable to 128MB
- Digital Out Option - For those that don't need the sampling option but still want Digital Outs, the Digital Out can be added separately
- 8 channel I/O Ready can accept the Digital Bi-Directional I/O (KDS) which allows 8 channels via DMTi to flow back into the K2600 to be effected or digitally mixed
- Manual LCD Contrast Control
- PRAM26 - Program RAM expansion
- RM1-26 - Orchestral ROM block
- RM2-26 - Contemporary ROM block
- RM3-26 - Stereo Dynamic Piano ROM block
- RM4-26 - Vintage Electric Piano ROM block
- RM5-26 - General MIDI ROM block
- RMB-26 - Daughterboard for ROM blocks
- HDC26K - Hard Drive Mounting Bracket
- SMP-2X - Sampling option
- Digital I/O Board for K2600