The past and future collide!
The Classic Player Jazzmaster Special takes everything that made the Jazzmaster such a revolutionary instrument in the 1960s and adds some modern player-requested touches. The alder body is loaded with new pickups that provide fatter tone and hotter output. Another interesting enhanced feature is the neck pocket is cut differently for better pitch. The trem plate has been moved to increase the break angle and improve sustain. The Classic Player Jazzmaster Special also sports an Adjusto-Matic bridge for great intonation. The Classic Player Jazzmaster Special merges the past and the present!Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster Special at a Glance:
- Fender Style
- Classic Player Unique Features
Fender guitars of the late '50s and early '60s borrowed a lot from the automobile designs of the times, which meant lots of chrome and lines that were anything but "traditional." The Jazzmaster used the same offset-waist body shape as the Jaguar with a streamlined control scheme for more straight-ahead players.
Classic Player Unique Features
There are a variety of new features on the Classic Player Jazzmaster Special that set it apart from its vintage-styled siblings. New pickups provide fatter tone and more output and an Adjusto-Matic bridge keeps intonation in check. Medium jumbo frets make bends easier and a new neck pocket cut provides better pitch and a comfy feel. Another cool modification from the original, the trem plate has migrated closer to bridge to increase break angle and sustain and a screw-in tremolo arm is also a stark improvement over the original.
- Color - Black
- Body - Alder
- Neck - Maple, "C" Shape, (Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard - Rosewood, 9.5" Radius
- No. of Frets - 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups - 2 Special Design Hot Jazzmaster Single-Coil Pickups (Neck & Bridge)
- Bridge - Fender Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Button
- Machine Heads - Fender/Ping Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware - Chrome
- Pickguard - 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Scale Length - 25.5"
- Width at Nut - 1.650"
- Medium Jumbo Frets
- New Neck Pocket Cut Provides Better Pitch
- 9.5" Radius
- Trem Plate Moved Closer to Bridge to Increase Break Angle and Sustain
- Screw-In Tremolo Arm
- Accessories - Deluxe Gig Bag included
Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster Special merges the best of the past with modern players' desires!
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.