Sound Like Any Guitar Legend - Then Take Their Place in the Band!
The Vox JamVox makes it easy to plug in and play with your favorite band. A desktop 2-in/2-out USB interface is also a monitor speaker — just plug in your guitar, even a mic, and use Vox's impressive guitar amp modeling software program to emulate and record tones. Plus, JamVox boasts Guitar XTracktion technology that lets you remove the guitar part of your favorite song, then take lead! Other useful practice tools help you isolate guitar parts and learn them at slower speeds - without changing pitch. Practice, compose, record — do it all with the Vox JamVox.Vox JamVox Guitar Amplifier Modeling Software and Audio Interface at a Glance:
- All-in-one USB interface and monitor
- Guitar amp and effect modeling software gives you legendary tones
- Play along with your favorite bands - then take lead!
- A host of useful practice tools
- 28-song, 2-CD bundle of famous play-along tracks
- Part of a community — JamVox-Online
- Simple to use - no tedious cable-runs necessary
All-in-one USB interface and monitor
The Vox JamVox gives you an all-in-one solution for getting audio into your computer — and hearing it played back. No need for complex wiring systems here, just plug into the 2-in/2-out USB interface and you're ready to roll. There's one 1/4" guitar input on the front panel as well as an XLR mic jack with level control. You can monitor via headphones, if you want, or send the audio to another set of speakers via the back-panel line outs. However, the Vox JamVox Monitor plays back your audio for you so you can hear your tones instantly.
Guitar amp and effect modeling software gives you legendary tones
JamVox puts your guitar into your computer and gives you a huge collection of toys to shape your tone. Favorite guitar amps let you sound like any of your guitar heroes — 19 models range from classic vintage amps such as the AC30, rare boutique amps, and modern high-gain amps. Plus, the amp models use Virtual Valve Reactor technology to simulate every aspect of the guitar amplifier, right down to the response of the power amp circuit, Class A or B operation, type of vacuum type, and negative feedback circuit. There are also 12 tonally-accurate cabinet models to go with the amp models.
A full complement of effects
A ton of effects processors are also included in the JamVox software, and you can rig your virtual pedalboard up any way you like. From a wide assortment of distortion-type effects, standard effects such as wah and compressor, and more unusual effects such as ring modulator and acoustic simulator, there is a total of 18 pedal-type effect units. There are also 12 modulation-type effects such as chorus, flanger, tremolo, filter, and rotator; 11 delay type effects including some that model analog circuitry such as tape echoes, multi-head delays, and BBD as well as reverse; 12 reverb effects covering all types. In total, you'll have 54 different high-quality effect units including noise reduction. Just drag-and-drop them and connect up to six effects in any desired order — two pedal-type effects, one modulation, one delay, one reverb, and noise reduction. Plus, over 100 guitar programs of famous songs and sounds are included so you can launch off from legendary starting points.
Play along with your favorite bands — then take lead!
JamVox makes it easier than ever to play along with your favorite bands. There's no need to mess with a CD player, adjust volume levels, pickup your guitar, then adjust your amp's levels — JamVox puts your music and their music right in front of you. Plus, JamVox features KORG's newly developed GXT (Guitar XTracktion) technology that allows a guitar part of an existing song to be cancelled or extracted, changing the way you'll practice, play, and jam forever. This technology is not a conventional vocal canceller which counteracts the center sounds by the reversed-phase signals. This conventional method turns the sound mono and also makes it impossible to extract the desired sound. GXT technology uses a completely different method in which the sound is analyzed by "stereotactic position" and "frequency band" spatially, and an adjustable filter is used to create the cancellation effect. This means that the song can be kept its stereo image and the desired sound can also be extracted. Using this, you can replace the guitarist in your favorite band and play the guitar part yourself! You can also record your performance along with the original song simply by pressing the Record button.
A host of useful practice tools
The JamVox music player provides many other great functions, perfect for practicing. You can loop the playback, use the Tempo Change function to slow down the playback speed without affecting the pitch, and you can even use these functions while using GXT to extract the guitar part, making it much easier to learn rapid phrases by ear, or to practice difficult phrases. The Pitch Change function lets you change the pitch without affecting the tempo of the song, allowing you to correct slight discrepancies in pitch between your guitar and the song, or to play along with songs that use a dropped tuning. There's also an Auto Change function that automatically switches the guitar sound or GXT setting between different portions of the song, such as between backing and solo sections. The music player also contains 100 drum patterns that are a great to practice with or to create riffs. You can also layer your guitar or vocal performances onto these patterns.
28-song, 2-CD bundle of famous play-along tracks
Use anything in your music library with JamVox for fast practing. Though, JamVox comes with a lineup of guitar legends on a 28-song, 2-CD collection recorded by the Hal Leonard Corporation. You get 28 songs from a bunch of classics including The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, AC/DC, The Rolling Stones, Nirvana, and more. With JamVox, you can play with heroes right out of the box.
Part of a community - JamVox-Online
JamVox-Online is where you'll find plenty of Guitar programs and GXT programs for the greatest rock songs, and JamVox users worldwide are adding more every day. In your JamVox software, simply press the Search button to find the best Guitar program or GXT program for the song you want.
Simple to use — no tedious cable-runs necessary
Connect a USB cable to your computer, plug in your guitar, and you can start jamming right away. JamVox doesn't require a ton of computer knowledge to have a great time, and it's perfect for all levels of guitar players.
Vox JamVox Guitar Amplifier Modeling Software and Audio Interface Features:
- GXT (Guitar XTracktion) function lets you cancel or extract the guitar part of an existing song.
- 19 famous guitar amps and 54 effect units ranging from vintage to modern
- Easy-to-use "drag and drop" interface
- A music player feature with convenient functions for jam sessions or practice.
- Import music files to jam along with from your favorite CDs, music library or MP3 player.
- A dedicated USB monitor speaker is included
- Two guitar play-along CDs containing 28 famous rock classics
- Nine amp models ranging from vintage to modern
- 12 cabinet models
- 54 high-quality effect models: 18 pedal-type, 12 modulation-type, 11 delay-type, 12 Reverb, noise reduction
- Drag-and-drop six effect units to freely specify their routing
- More than 100 Guitar programs that include the guitar sounds of famous songs and guitarists
- Pickup modeling function lets you produce the sounds of different pickups than those actually on the connected guitar
- Audition function lets you hear the sound of each program without having to play your guitar
- Use the convenient Compare function and Snapshot function when editing your guitar sounds
- Auto Chromatic Tuner by KORG, with excellent visibility
- Use an optional expression pedal and foot switch to control the effects with your foot
- MP3/AAC/WMA (Windows only)/WAV/AIFF format audio playback
- AAC (Mac only)/WMA (Windows only)/WAV/AIFF format audio recording
- Import your iTunes library
- GXT (Guitar XTracktion) function cancels or extracts the guitar part of an existing song
- Tempo Change function lets you change the playback speed without affecting the pitch of the song
- Pitch Change function lets you change the playback pitch without affecting the tempo of the song
- Auto Change function allows you to automatically switch guitar sounds or GXT settings at the desired point during the song playback
- Loop Play function repeatedly plays the specified region of one song
- Loudness function adds a "live" feel to the song playback
- Use the dedicated website JamVox-Online to find, audition, and download the Guitar programs or GXT programs that are best for a song: you can also upload your own settings for others to use
- 100 drum patterns are convenient for practicing or creating riffs
- Metronome function
- Powered monitor speaker with built-in 2-in/2-out USB audio interface
- Two 3-inch full-range speakers deliver powerful and high-quality sound: rated power output is 0.75W+0.75W
- USB bus powered design does not require an external power supply to be connected: 500mA current consumption
- Proprietary low-latency design
- Mic input allows you to record vocals or enjoy sessions with a vocalist
- Also usable as a USB audio interface that supports ASIO/CoreAudio compatible software, and as a speaker for your computer
- Guitar Input (1/4" phone jack, Mono)
- Mic Input (XLR jack, Mono)
- Mic Input Level Control
- Output Level Control
- Phones Output (1/4" phone jack, Stereo)
- Monitor Level Control
- Power indicator LED
- Rear panel
- Line Input L / R (1/4" phone jacks)
- Line Output L / R (1/4" phone jacks)
- Foot Switch Jack (1/4" phone jack)
- Expression Pedal Jack (1/4" phone jack)
- USB Port (Connector TYPE B)
- When using the JamVox Monitor as a USB audio interface with ASIO/CoreAudio compatible software, it will operate as a 2-in/2out interface with 16-bit 44.1/48/96 kHz input and 24-bit 44.1/48/96 kHz output.
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 240 mm x 160 mm x 122.5 mm (not including protrusions)
- Weight: 2.4 kg
- Hal Leonard CDs - Comes with 28 guitar karaoke tracks (recorded by Hal Leonard Corporation, USA).
- Included Items: USB cable, Installation CD (contains JamVox Software, Drivers, and Owner's manual), two audio CDs (Hal Leonard play-along tracks for guitar), Installation/setup guide
- Options: Vox Foot Switch VFS-2, KORG Expression Pedal EXP2
- CPU: Apple PowerPC G4 1.5GHz or faster, or Intel CPU
- AM: 1GB or larger
- Display: 1,024 x 768 - 32,000 colors or higher
- OS: Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- CPU: Intel Pentium4 2.0GHz or faster
- RAM: 1GB or larger
- Display: 1,024 x 768 - 16 bit colors or higher
- OS: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1(32-bit) or later