If you're a serious Fender Jaguar fan, we've got something very special for you: the 1962 Jaguar NOS. Celebrated as the "alternative" Fender, the Jaguar has enjoyed cult-like status throughout its storied history. By the early '60s, Leo Fender had some new tricks up his sleeve, and a number of design refinements were infused into the Jaguar when it was introduced as an upscale alternative to the Strat and Tele.
Hand-crafted by the Fender Custom Shop to Sweetwater specifications, the 1962 Jaguar NOS is one sweet Jag. Sweetwater's guitar experts have spec'd this New Old Stock axe with deluxe appointments that optimize the sound, playability, and vintage aesthetics of this gorgeous instrument. There's genius in the details here. If you've ever been nipped by a string end, you'll love the inclusion of vintage Fender tuning pegs and their user-friendly string terminations. The custom shop-grade alder body, finished in vintage-correct nitrocellulose lacquer, is a knockout to behold and optimizes the tone of this exceptional guitar.
Speaking of tone, a pair of Custom Shop '62 Jaguar single coils are routed through the unique Jaguar switching system, which includes comprehensive preset control over two distinct circuits. This produces a superb array of tone colors from crisp and clear to warm and chunky. You'll appreciate this Jag as a lead instrument. First off, bending strings on this baby is effortless. The Jaguar's distinctive slinkiness is facilitated by a 24" scale - noticeably shorter than the Strat's 25.5 inches - and even a tad shorter than the Les Paul's. Add to this 6105 frets and a 9.5" radius rosewood fingerboard, and you'll soon discover lead-playing abilities you never knew you had. Comfort? Fender's offset-waist body design - radical when it was introduced - fits like a glove, whether you're seated or standing.
All this vintage gestalt makes the 1962 Jaguar NOS one very special electric guitar. If you're a Jag fan - or have ever flirted with owning a Jaguar - now is the time to get serious. The 1962 Jaguar NOS is that good.Fender Custom Shop 1962 Jaguar NOS Solidbody Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Delectable Aged Vintage White nitrocellulose lacquer finish with 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard
- Premium Custom Shop-grade alder body
- Maple neck with 9.5" radius rosewood fingerboard
- 22 6105 frets facilitate comfortable chording and shredding
- The 24" scale length facilitates lead work and string bending
- User-friendly vintage machine heads
- Vintage "floating" tremolo with tremolo lock button
- Custom Shop '62 Jaguar single coil pickups in neck and bridge position
- On/off slide switch for each pickup allows for convenient presets
- Separate "Lead" and "Rhythm" circuit controls give you tonal versatility