100 Marshalls In a Rack!
For players who want all the Marshall tone they can get in one package, there's no rival to the Marshall JMP-1! This valve-driven, 1U rack piece offers hundreds of sounds from across Marshall's best-known lines. Live players will love it for the options it makes available at the tap of a footswitch while studio cats will love its flexibility and the easy programmability it offers.Marshall JMP-1 at a Glance:
- Four channels of pure tube tone.
- A TON of control and programmability
- Emulated outputs
- Effects friendly amp
Tube At Heart
The JMP-1's valve driven heart (2x ECC83) drives pure tone into each of its four uniquely voiced channels - Clean 1, Clean 2, OD1 and OD2:
- Clean 1 is perfect for warm full-bodied chords, fat clean lead passages and jazz tones.
- Clean 2 has the glassy edge of a JTM45 for those bright, jangly tones.
- OD1 - this channel's smouldering power will take you from the molten gold of a Super Lead Plexi, to searing metal and all points in-between.
- OD2 - tightly focused, high gain is served up here by the truckload. Modern and aggressive, yet fluid and toneful. This channel has all the distortion and sustain you'll ever need.
Keep Control of Your Tone!
Each channel includes the following programmable controls; Volume, Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence, plus a Bass Shift option which re-shapes the low-end character of each channel. Its stereo, Parallel FX loop is also 100% programmable and has level selection, ensuring it is totally compatible with any effects device.
Program recall is instant either from the front panel, via the optional Marshall 4-way footswitch (the MPM4E) or via MIDI. Talking of MIDI, the JMP-1 has MIDI IN, OUT and THRU connections, a mapping facility and MIDI channel selection - ensuring it will fit seamlessly into any rack set-up.
Just the Right Amount Of I/O
In addition to the standard Left (L) and Right (R) Outputs, the JMP-1 also features L & R Speaker Emulated Outputs, the remarkable realism of which have received much critical praise. This facility not only presents your soundman or engineer with a totally controllable direct stereo signal, it also makes home or studio recording simple.
Plays Nicely with Effects
The Marshall JMP-1 is effects-friendly thanks to its programmable Parallel/Series FX loop and MIDI mapping facility, allowing the user to match a particular effect with any patch of choice.