Legendary Radial Quality with the JD6 six-channel DI!
The Radial JD6 is a rackmountable DI with six of Radial's JDI boxes, considered by many to be the world's finest direct box, in one unit. The JD6 provides six channels of passive DI that employs a custom-made Eclipse isolation transformer for optimum audio performance offering outstanding linearity at all frequencies, combined with extraordinary level handling without introducing distortion. Being completely passive, the plug & play JD6 does not require any power and has the unique advantage of eliminating 60-cycle ground loops. This ensures the JD6 will become a definite favorite with informed audio engineers. The JD6 is great for guitars, bass, and keyboards and is particularly adept with high-output, broadband instruments such as active instruments and digital keyboards.Radial JD6 at a Glance:
- Custom Eclipse transformer for optimum performance
- 100% isolation eliminates ground loops.
- Virtually zero phase & harmonic distortion.
- Exceptional signal handling.
- High common mode noise rejection.
- Welded I-beam construction.
Custom Eclipse transformer for optimum performance
The JD6's Eclipse transformer is made in a US factory that has decades of experience in transformer production. Radial has spent countless hours testing these new transformers to be 100% sure that they stand up to what you expect from your JD6. Radial's engineers have made sure that the Eclipse transformers perform just as well other name-brand units - you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in the JD6.
The input panel features 6 1/4" instrument inputs and traditional thru-puts. An innovative 'merge' function allows the Front 1/4" input connectors on channels 1 & 2 for added flexibility, 'priority switched' over rear panel input 1 & 2 jacks. The JD6 also sports a -15dB pad to interface with higher output levels. An innovative stereo to mono merge function with1/4" and RCA connectors to enhance connectivity, making the JD6 an extremely useful studio or live tool.
As with all Radial direct boxes, the Radial JD6 is designed for use in abusive environments such as on fast-paced stages of concert touring. A durable baked enamel finish protects the exterior and welded 14-gauge steel chassis reduces opportunity for stress on the PC board and avoids the potential for cold solder joints, the No.1 cause of system failure.
- Welded I-beam construction makes it impossible to torque the PC board. This virtually eliminates cold solder joints - the No.1 cause of system failure in the field.
- An innovative 'slide-in-place' XLR trace makes it possible to use I-Beam girder construction.
- Proprietary Eclipse transformer for distortion-free performance.
- A military-grade PC board is employed for maximum wear and tear in abusive environments. Welded steel standoffs ensure the PC board will not shift.
- A -15dB pad allows super hot inputs such as that from a CD player to be connected and balanced for long runs.
- The Merge function turns the input and thru into a passive mixer to sum stereo feeds to mono at the XLR output. This saves valuable inputs on the mixer!
- The input connects to the instrument.
- The throughput is connected to the instrument amplifier. The JD6 has a high input impedance to reduce loading.
- Book-end design creates a protective zone around the switches & connectors for best protection.
- A heavy-duty baked enamel finish for excellent durability and great looks for years! 100% 14-gauge steel construction.
- The XLR balanced mic level output provides 100% isolation for runs to 1000 feet without appreciable noise.
- A polarity reverse switch flips the polarity from the AES standard Pin-2 to Pin-3 on the XLR and is used when combining sounds that may be out of phase.
- The ground-lift disconnects the ground path to the transformer at the XLR output. This is used when a ground path is made at the input side such as with a keyboard.