Classic J Bass with Extra Tone Control
Fender's American Special Jazz Bass kicks off a new decade of Fender basses with the latest in U.S.-made quality and value. A slim C-shape maple neck and lightweight alder body make the American Special Jazz Bass one of the most comfortable basses out there. Standard Vintage Alnico magnet Jazz Bass single-coil pickups give you plenty of output, and Fender's amazing Greasebucket tone circuit, which lets you ease off the highs and still get punchy and powerful lows. Top it all off with Fender's high-gloss finish, and the American Special Jazz Bass looks just as good as it sounds.Fender American Special Jazz Bass Features at a Glance:
- Color: Candy Apple Red with high-gloss finish
- Body shape: Jazz bass
- Body material: Alder
- Neck: Maple, slim "C" shape
- Neck finish: Satin urethane finish
- Fretboard: Maple
- Fretboard radius: 9.5"
- Frets: 20, medium jumbo
- Scale length: 34"
- Nut width: 1.5"
- String nut: Synthetic bone
- Truss rod nut: 3/16" adjustable hex nut
- Pickups: Standard Vintage Alnico magnet Jazz Bass single-coil Bridge pickup
- Controls: Volume 1.(neck pickup), Volume 2. (bridge pickup), Master Greasebucket tone circuit (rolls off highs without adding bass)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Standard
- Bridge: Standard Vintage 4 Saddle Bass
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-style strap buttons
- Control Knobs: Vintage-style black plastic Jazz Bass knobs
- Pickguard: 3-ply Black/White/Black
- Case: Deluxe gig bag included
Get vintage style with modern tone, from the Fender American Special Jazz Bass!
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.