Fender Updates the Legendary Jazz Bass!
The FENDER® American Standard Jazz Bass® makes a classic instrument even better! In addition to its legendary offset-waist body and slender neck design, the Fender American Jazz Bass sports some incredible new features, including a beefier high-mass bridge and lightweight tuning machines. The graphite-reinforced maple neck features a smooth finish, and it's topped with a beautiful rosewood fingerboard. You also get a high-quality SKB hard case and accessory kit with this great-sounding, easy-playing American Standard Jazz Bass!Fender American Standard Jazz Bass at a Glance:
- Classic design
- American Standard updates
- Modern features
Leo Fender brought us the first Jazz Bass in 1960, and its offset-waist body, balanced design, and smooth-playing, narraow neck continue to give today's American Standard version excellent playability and a distinctive look. Players from all genres have embraced this bass, and you can see it on stages everywhere and hear it in countless recordings. As with so many of Fender's original designs, the man got the essence of the Jazz Bass right the first time, and the new American Standard Jazz Bass bears that out.
American Standard updates
The American Standard series basses include Fender's High Mass Vintage Bridge, designed to improve tone and sustain, as well as providing great tuning stability. Lightweight tuning machines are also included, giving you smooth operation.
From its two American Jazz Bass single-coil pickups to its graphite-reinforced maple neck, the American Standard Jazz Bass provides some modern upgrades to a timeless design. Modern players looking for a great-sounding instrument that's made to hit the stage night after night will love this bass, not only for its easy playability, but also for its reliability. It's a real road warrior that's equally at home in the studio.
Fender American Standard Jazz Bass Features:
- Color: Black
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood (maple also avail), 9.5" radius (241mm)
- No. of frets: 20, medium-jumbo (fretless also avail)
- Scale length: 34" (864 mm)
- Nut: Micarta,
- Nut width: 1.5" (38mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine heads: Fender Special Design Hipshot- made, lightweight vintage-style tuning machines
- Bridge: (HMV) High Mass Vintage bridge
- Pickguard: 4-ply
- Pickups: Middle - Alnico V single-coil; bridge - American Jazz Bass Alnico V single-coil
- Controls: Two master volume, one master tone
- String gauges: .045, .065, .085, .110TW strings
- Case: Molded Fender/SKB case with TSA, glass-reinforced nylon trigger latches, and plush interior
- Accessories: Cable, strap, polish cloth, all necessary wrenches (including T-handle truss rod wrench)