Past and Modern Collide
The Fender Jazz Bass was born out of the desire for a sleeker, faster bass that pushed its sound further out in front. Tonally more versatile than the Precision Bass, the Jazz Bass's dual-pickup setup gave players more choices, making the Jazz Bass a great bass for genre hopping. The American Deluxe Jazz Bass V builds on the 50 years of Jazz Bass vibe, adding cool new touches to this classic tone machine.
Truly a merging of the best of the past with new technologies, the American Deluxe Jazz Bass V offers a familiar feel and a whole host of sound-shaping tools. Sonically, the brand-spankin'-new N3 Noiseless pickups are an improvement over many previous J Bass designs, giving you more headroom and tighter low-end response. This punchiness is further managed by an active 3-band EQ, and the American Deluxe Jazz Bass V's electronics can be toggled between active and passive, letting you choose which voice best suits your playing style. The battery door is held closed by flat head screws, so you quickly and easily access the battery door with a coin or a pick.
But the electronics aren't the only special touches on the American Deluxe Jazz Bass V. The bridge is a high-mass vintage-style bridge, giving you more sustain and punch. The pickup switching is handled by a pan pot/blend control, and block inlays run the length of the neck. From top to bottom, the American Deluxe Jazz Bass V is classic bass with the modern features today's players demand. Get yours today!Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass V 5-string Electric Bass Features at a Glance:
- Body: Ash
- Finish: Gloss Urethane, Wine Transparent
- Neck: Maple, modern "C" shape, Tinted Gloss Polyurethane finish
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5" to 14" Compound Radius
- Frets: 21, medium jumbo
- Scale length: 34"
- Nut width: 1.825"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning keys: Fender lightweight vintage-style tuners
- Bridge: High-mass vintage-style bridge
- Pickguard: 3-ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: 2 N3 Noiseless pickups
- Pickup switching: Pan pot/blend control
- Controls: Master volume, pan pot (pickup selector), treble boost/cut, midrange boost/cut, bass boost/cut, active/passive mini toggle
- Includes SKB high-tech molded case with TSA locks
- Stealth "B" string retainer
- Posiflex graphite neck-support rods
- 5-bolt neck plate
- Contoured heel for easier access to upper frets
- Rolled fingerboard edges
- Highly detailed nut and fret work
- Genuine bone nut
- Flat head screws on battery compartment (for easy changes with a coin or a pick)
- Block inlays
- Neck binding
Fender's American Deluxe Jazz Bass V gives you everything that makes the Jazz Bass a classic — and a whole lot more!
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.