A Light Version of Waves' IR-1!
IR-L is Waves' "light" convolution reverb, offering the same great sound and samples as IR-1 but with fewer controls for simpler, more efficient operation. IR-L comes in a native package which supports RTAS, AudioSuite, VST, DirectX, MAS and Audio Units.Waves IR-L Convolution Reverb Light at a Glance:
- Easy-to-use convolution reverb with high-resolution 96kHz audio support
- Convolution Start Control and Dry Gain Mode give you more control over sound
- Extensive library of improved impulse response samples with miking options
- Dynamic Preset Handling makes adding or removing samples and presets easier
- Unique impulse response (IR) manipulation techniques to allow shortening and lengthening of reverb
- CPU Usage Control requires less processing power and Direct Convolution Length Control allows control over the length of the actual real-time convolution
Easy-to-use convolution reverb with high-resolution 96kHz audio support
Waves' IR-1 revolutionized digital reverbs with its introduction of a convolution reverb that still allowed control over traditional parameters such as predelay, decay, diffusion and more. Now the IR-L gives you many of the same features plus high-definition 24-bit/96kHz resolution in a program that's easier to use and less taxing on your computer.
Convolution Start Control and Dry Gain Mode give you more control over sound
The IR-L's new Convolution Start Control lets you trim the beginning of a sample to eliminate unwanted predelay. Plus, a revamped Dry Gain Mode gives you more control over the sound by letting you adjust the wet and dry signal gains separately, instead of just mixing between them as you must with a traditional wet/dry control.
Extensive library of improved impulse response samples with miking options
Waves engineers have traveled the world to capture the sounds of the most revered venues, from the Sydney Opera House in Australia to Wembly Stadium in London to the Birdland jazz club in Manhattan. Now Waves has added even more venues, with improved sound and a choice of samples recorded with different microphone placements for a variety of reverb within the same venue. You also get practical samples from stairwells, vehicle interiors, and even a cavern. The new library is now provided on a DVD with a dedicated installation program.
Dynamic Preset Handling makes adding or removing samples and presets easier
Now adding or removing samples and presets is much easier thanks to IR-L's Dynamic Preset Handling, with the preset menu reflecting the impulse response samples contained in the presets folder.
Unique impulse response (IR) manipulation techniques to allow shortening and lengthening of reverb
A big part of IR-L's unique nature is due to its Reverb Time RT60 processing. Unlike existing products, IR-L uses unique impulse response manipulation techniques to allow shortening and lengthening (times 4) of the reverb time while maintaining acoustic coherence and preserving the natural envelope and frequency content.
CPU Usage Control and Direct Convolution Length Control require less processing power
With IR-L you can control CPU usage using the special efficient-stereo components which require less processing power. A "low CPU" mode utilizes intelligent algorithms that require less CPU usage while preserving high sound quality and definition. Plus, IR-L features a Direct Convolution Length Control that allows control over the length of the actual real-time convolution. Therefore the CPU load can be reduced if desired by using a shorter convolution length and a longer RT 60.
- Windows or Mac OS convolution reverb with easier controls and CPU-conserving modes
- Huge library of impulse responses
- Easy addition and removal of samples and presets
- Shorten or lengthen reverb times by up to 4x
- High-definition 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution