Phonic Quality and FireWire Out!
The Helix Board 12 FireWire is one of Phonic's newest mixers that sounds great and works hard both in and out of the studio. It features a 96 KHz FireWire interface that lets you individually stream up to 10 independent channels of audio to the computer and return two channels to the mixer for monitoring - all with near-zero latency. An onboard 24-bit digital multi-effect processor provides 16 popular programs plus one main parameter control, tap control, and a foot switch jack. Four extremely low noise Mic/Line preamps, each with 75 Hz low cut filters, inserts and phantom power, and two stereo Line channels offer a variety of input options. Each channel has a 3-band EQ and an option to send the signal to the ALT 3-4 stereo bus, where several inputs can be grouped and controlled together. Tracking individual inputs is easy with the stereo Aux cue. Mini stereo and stereo RCA inputs and outputs make the addition of digital and analog playback and recording devices effortless, while trim control makes record out level matching trouble-free. Additional features include two Aux sends, two stereo Aux returns, balanced stereo Main Outs, master Aux section with EFX to monitor, Control Room/Phones source matrix, and Steinberg's Cubase LE workstation software.Helix Board 12 FireWire At-a-Glance:
- Four Mic/Line Inputs with Preamps
- 96kHz FireWire Interface with DFX digital FX
- Bundled with Cubase LE
Four Mic/Line Inputs with Preamps
The Helix Board 12 FireWire features four Mic/Line inputs with preamps, phantom power, and insert points for recording or live use. There are also two stereo channels for additional connectivity and two aux returns that can be utilized to further increase the number of inputs. The mic/line channels sport a 75Hz low-cut filters and 3-band EQ for eliminating low-frequency rumble and fine-tuning the sound.
96kHz FireWire Interface with DFX digital FX
The Helix Board 12 FireWire serves as a great front-end for a DAW thanks to its FireWire connectivity and its ability to send 96kHz audio to a computer via its FireWire output. Up to 10 channels of audio can be sent at a time using the Helix Board 12 FireWire and two channels are returned to the mixer for monitoring with practically no latency. The 24-bit digital multi-effects processor offers 16 different effects. Phonic's DFX utilizes 24-bit signal processors to produce real time stereo effects. The DFX processors come with multiple preset programs like delay, reverb, symphonic, flange and user-defined options. Give your mix the digital edge with Phonic's DFX.
Bundled with Cubase LE
To get you started right off the bat, The Helix Board 12 FireWire comes with Cubase LE. With the FireWire connectivity, it couldn't be easier to get your DAW set up. If you'd like to enter the world of recording, this is a great sounding way to do so.
- 12-input small-format analog mixer with extremely low noise circuitry
- 96 kHz FireWire interface for streaming 10 independent channels of audio to computer with near-zero latency
- Compatible with Mac OS X and Windows XP
- Steinberg Cubase LE workstation software included
- 2 channels of monitoring from computer via FireWire interface
- Four mono Mic/Line channels
- Two stereo channels, two stereo AUX Returns, two AUX Sends
- 3-band EQ on each channel
- 75 Hz low-cut filter on mono channel
- Inserts and phantom power on Mic channels
- Stereo AUX Send 1 cue for monitoring individual channel
- Master AUX section with EFX to Monitor
- Extra ALT 3-4 stereo bus
- Mini Stereo and RCA-type inputs and outputs
- Rec out with trim control for record level matching
- Control room/Phones source matrix
- Balanced master output with 60 mm fader control
- High-volume headphone output
- DFX 24-bit digital multi-effect processor with 16 programs plus one main parameter control, tap control and foot switch jack