Additive Oscillators Meet Subtractive Synthesis
As opposed to all of the soft synths out there that try extremely hard to act and sound as analog as possible, Image Line's Harmless virtual instrument is unapologetically about as digital as it gets - and it sounds incredible! The synth nuts here at Sweetwater have played with countless soft synths, including tons of subtractive and additive varieties, but we really think you'll enjoy the way Harmless puts both of these synthesis methods together and in a single-screen GUI that's easy to navigate. On the additive side, Harmless' oscillator gives you total control over 12 orders of harmonics plus a neat handful of amplitude expression controls. That means your base sound can be incredibly complex and full of harmonic content, which you can shape via a full set of subtractive synthesis controls. Top it off with sweet phaser, harmony, and other onboard effects, and the results you can get from Harmless is nothing short of staggering.
Image Line Harmless Additive/Subtractive Virtual Instrument Features:
- A powerful soft synth that combines additive and subtractive synthesis in an easy-to-use format
- Additive oscillator section lets you take total control over harmonic content and expression
- Shape your sound with subtractive filtering and sophisticated envelope modulation
- Onboard effects include phaser, harmonizer, LFO, chorus, delay, reverb, and compression
- Compatible with VST plug-in hosts on Windows PCs