The Field-ready Headphone Amp You Need!
When you need a quality headphone amp that can keep up with your mobile rig, Sweetwater Sales Engineers are happy to recommend the Sound Devices HX-3. This 3-channel headphone amp provides you with the convenience of independent level controls for each headphone output and a variety of inputs, including XLR, 1/4", and 1/8" option. There's also loop I/O for daisy chaining multiple HX-3s together. What's more, the HX-3 headphone amplifier can run for up to 18 hours on just a pair of AA batteries, and a chassis-isolated 5-18V DC input accommodates all kinds of external battery power options.
Sound Devices HX-3 Headphone Distribution Amplifier Features:
- A 3-channel headphone amplifier that easily incorporates into your portable sound rig
- Professional-grade circuitry offers 125dB dynamic range with flat frequency response
- Each of the 3 outputs includes an independent volume control
- Globally switchable between stereo and mono monitoring
- All-metal, chassis-mounted connectors include balanced XLR inputs
- Loop I/O makes it easy to daisy-chain additional headphone amps
- Can run up to 18 hours on 2 x AA and includes input for 5-18VDC battery
- Housed in a high-strength, extruded aluminum chassis with protective metal end panels