The Way Brass Should Sound!
NOTE: This product requires an iLok (not included) for authorization. Please call your Sweetwater Sales Engineer if you have questions.
When you need the sound of an absolutely impeccable brass section to define your score, it's time to pick up East West's Hollywood Brass. Recorded in the legendary EastWest Studio 1 by some of Hollywood's most celebrated producers and engineers, Hollywood Brass exceeds the sound quality standards set by the world's most demanding film industry. Hollywood Brass also utilizes East West's next-generation PLAY 3 sample engine, which lets you easily take complete control over more than a dozen independent brass instruments.
East West's Hollywood Brass Diamond edition gives you full access to every detail contained in roughly 150GB of content. You'll find meticulously sampled and mapped articulations for each instrument, including multiple-dynamic true legato solo and ensemble brass sections, ensembles of various sizes and compositions, and muted instrument performances. Hollywood Brass Diamond edition also gives you total control over five microphone positions, as well as the same amazing convolution reverb featured in Quantum Leap SPACES. The result is a virtual instrument that allows you to effortlessly create music that's both extremely realistic and absolutely compelling - a must have for any serious composer!East West Hollywood Brass Diamond Virtual Brass Instrument Features at a Glance:
- Approximately 150GB of content (ships on an internal SATA hard drive)
- An amazing lineup of fantastic brass instrument sounds, including: Solo Trumpet, 2 Trumpets, 3 Trumpets, Solo French Horn, 2 French Horns, 6 French Horns, Solo Trombone, 2 Tenor + 1 Bass Trombone, Solo Tuba, Solo Cimbasso and a low brass section consisting of: 2 Tenor Trombones, 1 Bass trombone, 1 Tuba, and 1 Cimbasso
- Brass reverb impulses taken from Quantum Leap's SPACES convolution reverb
- Produced by Doug Rogers, Nick Phoenix, and Thomas Bergersen
- Sound engineered by Shawn Murphy (Academy Award, C.A.S. (Cinema Audio Society), BAFTA, and EMMY award-winng sound engineer)
- Recorded in the world famous EASTWEST Studio 1
- Extensive multiple-dynamic "true legato" solo and ensemble brass, with multiple sized sections and mutes
- 5 user-mixable mic positions, extensive articulations, and no shortcuts!
- Includes East West's PLAY 3 64-bit/32-bit software, which features powerful scripting for ease of use,
- Articulations and techniques include:
- Smooth and realistic true legato intervals at 3 dynamics
- True connected legato repetitions at 3 dynamics
- Sustained legato samples from pp all the way to fff
- True double tonguing for all instruments and sections
- Expressive sustains, mute sustains and staccatos
- 8-way staccato round robin at 4 dynamic levels
- 4-way round robin marcato short at 3 dynamic levels
- 4-way round robin marcato long at 3 dynamic levels
- Multi dynamic playable runs patches that will inject real life into your brass compositions
- Trills at 3 dynamic levels
- Multi speed and multi dynamic repetition performances that work flawlessly with PLAY's superior time engine
- Multi speed time synced crescendos
- Multi dynamic portato that will breath life into softer compositions
- Flutter tongue
- Slide trombone legato
- Various effects, clusters, and more