An HP Special Guitar
Peavey HP Special guitars take their cues from the artistry of the HP Signature Series, but that's where the similarities end. These are Floyd Rose-outfitted, high-output tone warriors with coil taps on both pickups and a patent-pending Lok Block system that lets you set your tremolo fully down or fully floating. HP Special guitars are available in flat- or carved-top models and a palette of jaw-dropping finishes, all hand detailed in the U.S.A.
"HP guitars encompass everything I've learned during my many years of designing and making guitars," says founder Peavey. "We pioneered a lot of technologies that are now industry standards, including shaping guitars with precise CNC router technology, and we build each HP guitar on that solid foundation, using the finest woods, hardware and pickups for brilliant tone as well as a distinctive, unmistakable appearance."
The HP Series is the ultimate refinement of the playability, tone, style and technology Peavey has developed over the past 40 years, and HP guitars are named for Peavey's founder and sole owner, Hartley Peavey.Peavey HP Special Guitar Features:
- HP Special CT USA - Transparent Margarita
- 25 1/2" scale with 22 frets
- Oil-finished, highly figured asymmetrical birdseye maple neck w/ graphite reinforcement
- Three-on-a-side headstock w/ enclosed die-cast Schaller machine heads
- Three-way pickup selector
- Offset basswood body w/ sculpted neck joint
- Bound, figured maple arch top
- Two custom-wound HP Special humbucking pickups w/ coil taps
- Fully floating, Floyd Rose-licensed, double-locking tremolo
- Patent-pending Lok Block system-sets tremolo to "down" only or fully floating
- Master volume & tone control
- Strung with .009-.042 gauge 6505 USA custom strings