Amazing, Compact Video Interface - with HDMI!
Jump into the next generation of video, right from your laptop! MOTU's amazing HD Express HDMI Laptop interface lets you connect everything from SD camcorders to HDMI cameras, thanks to its array of input options. From there, you can put clips straight into Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier Pro on your computer. You can adjust color grades with the HD Express HDMI while you're monitoring or capturing clips. Connect this interface directly to your plasma or LCD monitor and view your clips n HD quality. This stellar box even plays all eight channels of HDMI audio, and its analog RCA outputs provide easy connection to either 5.1 or 7.1 surround systems.
If you do video, you know that HDMI is the new standard in connectivity. Because HDMI streams straight from the camera, with no compression, you get uncompromised image quality - quality you can put directly into your computer. Of course, you need the connections to get it there, and that's where the HD Express HDMI interface comes in. This unit also lets you edit at lower data rates, which makes it even more convenient. MOTU also kept other sources in mind when they designed the HD Express HDMI. In addition to the digital I/O, you get analog video I/O that lets you grab and monitor component SD, HD, and S-video sources.
You demand high performance from every component in your rig, even when your rig is portable. That's why MOTU equipped this version of the HD Express HDMI with and ExpressCard/34 adapter that makes it compatible with your current-generation Mac or Windows laptop's ExpressCard slot. You can also connect this interface's HDMI output directly to a plasma or LCD monitor, for no-compromise viewing while you edit.
MOTU didn't skimp on the audio side, either. You can capture and play all eight embedded HDMI audio channels. What's more, you can run all eight out of the HD Express HDMI's RCA outputs and into active speakers or a 5.1 or 7.1 surround system. You even get digital S/PDIF I/O!MOTU HD Express HDMI Laptop Video Interface Features at a Glance:
- Supports both RGB and YPbPr
- Can alternately serve as CVBS (composite) in/out or Y/C (S-video) in/out
- Cross-platform operation with Final Cut Pro (6.0.5 or higher) on Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
- Cross-platform operation with Adobe Premiere Pro (4.2.x) on Windows 7/Vista
- Includes HD Express HDMI video console software
- Compact, half-rackspace metal enclosure with removable brackets
- 1 x HDMI in and out (4:2:2 10-bit, YCbCr or RGB)
- Support for DVI output with HDMI-to-DVI adapter (sold separately)
- 1 x HD/SD component in and out (10-bit, YPbPr or RGB) on RCAs
- 1 x composite in (10-bit) on RCA
- 1 x S-video in (10-bit) on 4-pin mini-DIN
- 1 x composite in and out (10-bit CVBS) on shared RCA
- 1 x S-video in and out (10-bit Y/C) on shared RCA
- 12 channels of simultaneous audio input
- 16 channels of simultaneous audio output
- Supports all standard audio sample rates, from 44.1 to 96kHz
- 8 x RCA analog outputs
- 2 x RCA analog input on the front panel
- S/PDIF digital in and out with input sample rate conversion (SRC)
- 8 x HDMI embedded audio in and out
- Front-panel headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- Includes ExpressCard/34 adapter for any current Mac or Windows laptop equipped with an ExpressCard slot