Expected Good, Got Awesome
There are a lot of good reviews. No actually, there are a lot of GREAT reviews on these headphones for a reason. When I bought these I was expecting to get good headphones.But they're honestly awesome. For their price range, I was told they're the best. and so far, I haven't been able to prove otherwise.
1. They're very comfortable. I've almost fallen asleep wearing them.
2. They're pretty tough. I've dropped them a couple of times already.
3. They're versatile. They work great with my tascam 8 track when I'm recording guitar or vocals, my computer when I'm hearing sweetwater gear demos or tracks I've recorded, and my iphone when I'm jamming out.
4. All the parts are replaceable. So in case something breaks, you can fix it yourself. But, these will last you a long time before you get to that point.
5. They sound great and flat/balanced. It took me a little getting used to because I've never heard flat sounding speakers or headphones before. BUT NOW, I hear all of the instruments and little things like panning, double tracking, and layering, things that I've never noticed or heard before. These headphones have brought me a new appreciation and perspective to the work people put into making and recording music. Lastly, it does all of this while isolating (not noise cancelling) the music from background noise really well.
Honestly for the money, you can't go wrong with these.If you're on the fence about buying them, just buy them and save yourself some time from reading a lot of reviews like I did. You'll be glad you did. Plus, sweetwater is awesome to buy/order from.