An Excellent Lightweight Sub for Your Rig!
At the heart of every punchy, booming, thumping, and (most importantly) well balanced PA system is a great subwoofer or two. Mackie has been building amazing PA gear for decades, and their subwoofers are some of the best in the world. The 15" HD1501 balances chest pounding thump with a truly musical Symmetrical Linkwitz-Riley crossover circuit, which lets you dial in the low-end impact right where your system needs it. Its own internal EAW amplifier supplies the HD1501 with 600 watts of power (1,200 watts peak), allowing it to generate a massive 131dB output. That's easily enough output to keep up with most midsize PA rigs. Lightweight Class D technology also keeps the HD1501's weight down to a mere 80 lbs., which makes it an excellent addition to any mobile system. If you're looking for high-end quality from a low-weight sub, the Mackie HD1501 powered subwoofer is the way to go.
Mackie HD1501 Powered Subwoofer Features at a Glance:
- 1,200W (600W RMS) of ultra-efficient Class D Fast Recovery amplification
- 131dB SPL max output (peak @ 1m)
- 36Hz-145Hz operating range
- 15" high-output woofer with 3" voice coil
- Active electronics provide complete system optimization
- Symmetrical Linkwitz-Riley crossover (100Hz, 24dB/octave)
- Precision tuning filters for ultra-accurate bass reproduction
- Phase alignment to perfectly complement Mackie full-range loudspeakers
- Ported, direct-radiating design for maximum punch and low-frequency extension
- Designed and tuned by Eastern Acoustic Works (EAW)
- Dual XLR inputs, full-range and highpass outputs for mono or stereo setups
- Level control and polarity invert switch with LED indicator
- Signal/limit and thermal LED indicators
- Integrated protection and limiting circuitry
- Rugged, all-wood 15mm birch plywood cabinet
- Pole mount receptacle for mounting full-range speaker
- Compact and lightweight
- Weight: 80 lbs.