MUCH More Than Your Average Compressor!
Twenty-two years of progressive research into loudness perception resulted in the GML8900 Dynamic Range Controller, a limiter/compressor unlike any other. The 8900 Dynamic Range Controller was intrinsically developed to react to loudness (rather than volts) like your ears do!
- Unique psycho-acoustic approach to dynamic control
- Familiar compression parameters and side-chain input for ease of use
- All-discrete audio path for low noise and transparency
A different way to approach compression
The 8900's psycho-acoustic approach uses multiple true-RMS detectors, remarkably accurate log converters, and fast peak detectors to respond intelligently to real signal energy, not just level. The GML8900's unusual design employs unique controls, like Crest Factor, Timing, and Release Hysteresis to access the parameters that you really want to adjust.
Maximum control with minimum artifacts
Using the GML8900, you'll still find familiar features such as Stereo Link, Soft/Hard Knee, Ratio, Output Level, as well as a comprehensive 40-segment tricolor Gain/Loss meter. All have been carefully optimized for flexible, creative control over a wide dynamic range with a lack of audible artifacts. the 8900 also includes a very useful Side Chain input that permits external frequency shaping to be introduced into the detection circuitry.
All-discrete circuitry for low noise and audio transparency
The entire audio path of the GML8900 is all-discrete, including the VCA, for unsurpassed transparency and low-level resolution. And the 8900 packs all of this in a formidable 2U, two-channel unit which fits into any studio configuration.
- The result of more than twenty years of loudness perception research
- Unique psycho-acoustic approach to compression
- Unusual design with unique controls: Crest Factor, Timing, and Release Hysteresis to access parameters you really want to adjust
- Conventional compression parameters easy to set
- Side Chain input for external frequency shaping to control circuitry
- All-discrete audio path for unsurpassed transparency and low-level resolution
- Includes external Power Supply