Make Your Mixes Sound Great Everywhere!
Overloud has distilled the essence of a rare, coveted analog hardware disc-cutting equalizer into a convenient plug-in. Their Gem series EQ495 gives you five bands to play with: highpass and lowpass filters, smooth low- and high-frequency shelving (each offering a choice of three hinge frequencies), and a serious midrange section that bears further discussion. A generous selection of eleven EQ center frequencies from 175Hz to 5.5kHz, plus a choice of three Q curves, lets you get get as surgically precise as you need to, zeroing in on problem areas while your program material remains eminently musical-sounding.
Deploy the secret weapon of top mastering engineers
Sweetwater knows that you work hard to achieve mixes that sound great on your studio monitors — but unfortunately, that's not how most people are listening. The EQ495 is exactly what you need to craft mixes that sound killer on the earbuds and tinny computer speakers that many people listen on these days. The plug-in models all the transformers in the original hardware unit and sports a built-in preamp. Use the continuous input and output level controls to gainstage freely. Keep it transparent, or pump it up hot. The original hardware unit was a secret weapon of top mastering engineers, and after one session with Overloud's EQ495, you'll know why.
Overloud EQ495 EQ Plug-in Features:
- Incorporates Overloud's 4th-generation DSP technology
- Models all transformers in the original hardware unit
- Built-in preamp for custom gain staging
- Low- and high-frequency shelving (each offering a choice of three hinge frequencies)
- Midrange section includes 11 center frequencies (175Hz to 5.5kHz) plus a choice of 3 Q curves
- Highpass and lowpass filters
- Low CPU load, multilevel undo/redo, A/B comparison
- Presets derived from real-world mixing situations