An Amazing, Value-packed Live Mixer!
If you're looking for a reliable 40-channel live mixing console for your touring rig or installation, you'll definitely want to check out the Soundcraft GB4-40. Loaded with the features and flexibility you'd expect from a reputable high-end mixer manufacturer like Soundcraft, the GB4 performs well above its modest price point. For one thing, each of the GB4's mono channels features one of Soundcraft's GB30 microphone preamps and 4-band equalizers. These preamps were a real hit when Soundcraft co-founder, Graham Blyth, presented them at Soundcraft's 30th anniversary, and they've continue to astound sound engineers ever since.
The GB4 mixing console also features an easy to navigate layout, including a sloping rear connector panel that provides you with easy access, even from the front of the desk. One of the things that really sets the GB4 apart from other mixers in its price point is its dual mode functionality, which allows you to assign either the aux sends or groups to linear faders, allowing the GB4 to act as either a front of house mixing console or a monitor mixer. Another professional feature is an integral power supply that includes a link option for an external back-up PSU. Considering its expansive feature set, modest footprint, and amazing low price, we're sure you'll agree that the GB4-40 mixer is a truly tempting option for your live sound system.Soundcraft GB4-40 40-channel Analog Mixing Console Features at a Glance:
- Design style based on the MH console series
- 40 x mono input channels with GB30 microphone preamps and 4-band GB30 EQ section
- Direct outputs on every mono channel
- GB30 preamps and EQ designed by Soundcraft co-founder Graham Blyth (based on the MH3 and MH4 consoles)
- Dual-mode operation allows configuration as either a FOH or monitor mixer, at the touch of a button
- 7 x busses (4 subgroups plus left, right, and center main mixes)
- 8 x auxiliary sends with flexible pre/post switching
- 4 x mute groups
- A 7-x-4 matrix allows 4 separate sub-mixes of left, right, center and group outputs
- 4 segment LED's on each output and 12 segment output meters
- Internal power supply with external PSU link option