A Perfect Reconstruction of the Original Duo Jet
The G6128T-53 Vintage Select '53 Duo Jet takes you back to 1953, a hallmark year for Gretsch guitars. That was the year Gretsch introduced their new flagship solidbody electric guitar, the Duo Jet. The '53 Duo Jet combined the harmonic resonance of a chambered mahogany body with a pair of Gretsch's finest single-coil pickups, the DynaSonics, whose clear and bold tone made them ideal for the emerging world of rock 'n' roll. The G6128T-53 Vintage Select '53 Duo Jet delivers this same sound by combining TV Jones T-Armond pickups with a period-accurate Treble Bleed circuit featuring Squeezebox PIO capacitors. Aged pearloid block inlays, a pinned aluminum compensated bridge, and a genuine Bigsby B3CCB vibrato tailpiece complete the picture.
Period-correct Gretsch single-coil sound
The original 1940s Gretsch-DeArmond Fidelatone single-coil pickups set the gold standard of their era. Eventually rebranded with the "DynaSonic" name, these were the first pickups with individually adjustable pole pieces, which makes it possible to fine-tune each pickup's string-to-string balance. It wasn't long before pickup makers around the world adopted this design.
Sonically, DynaSonics have a lot in common with the P-90. As of 1957, DynaSonics were almost entirely replaced by Gretsch's new Filter'Tron dual-coil pickups. Nonetheless, many guitarists continued to prefer the distinct high-end gloss and controlled bass response of the DynaSonic. Many modern rockabilly players accept no substitutes for authentic DynaSonic sound, which is what makes the TV Jones T-Armond model so special.
The T-Armond pickup featured on this G6128T-53 Vintage Select Edition '53 Duo Jet was the result of TV Jones's attempt to capture the sound of Brian Setzer's classic Silver Jet. It turned out to be a perfect representation of the DynaSonic in its prime. You couldn't ask for a more authentic Gretsch single-coil sound!
Gretsch G6128T-53 Vintage Select '53 Duo Jet Features:
- A spot-on re-creation of the original 1953 Duo Jet solidbody electric guitar
- Chambered mahogany body with a maple top provides rich resonance
- TV Jones T-Armond single-coil pickups re-create the original DynaSonic sound perfectly
- Classic Treble Bleed circuit with Squeezebox PIO capacitors complete the tone
- Aged pearloid block inlays, binding, and pickguard add touches of authenticity
- Rosewood fretboard matches the rosewood base of the pinned aluminum compensated bridge
- Timeless Gretsch hardware includes a real bone nut and a Bigsby B3CCB vibrato tailpiece