Drive Your Corvette Fall Out Boy Style!
The Gretsch G5135PS Stump-o-matic Electromatic Corvette is the result of a collaboration between Fall Out Boy's lead singer Patrick Stump and the guitar wizards at Gretsch. Stump already played an Electromatic Corvette and loved it, but had a vision of making it even more versatile - he wanted it to kick out those classic biting Gretsch tones, then launch a thick, fat, and colorful voice at the flick of a switch. Tom "TV" Jones developed the circuit design that ultimately brought the vision of the Gretsch G5135PS Stump-o-matic Electromatic Corvette to life.Gretsch G5135PS Stump-o-matic Electromatic Corvette at a Glance:
- Patrick Vaughn Stump - Fall Out Boy's Front Man - Signature Guitar
- Rich sustain, thanks to a set-neck and string-through-body design
- 3 Mega'Tron humbucking pickups, with Tom "TV" Jones-designed circuitry
Patrick Vaughn Stump - Fall Out Boy's Front Man - Signature Guitar
With his signature lead vocals, Patrick Vaughn Stump fronts the pop-punk-phenoms Fall Out Boy, whose album From Under the Cork Tree achieved recent double-platinum status. Stump also rocks out on rhythm, playing his time-tested Gretsch Electromatic Corvette - and had a few ideas about how he could make his favorite guitar even more awesome and versatile. Gretsch and Stump got together - along with pickups genius Tom "TV" Jones - and created the Gretsch G5135PS Stump-o-matic Electromatic Corvette. It pays honor to the original Electromatic Corvette, but is loaded with three pickups, a kill switch, and massive switching circuitry - you can go from classic Gretsch tones to thick, fat, and colorful sonic blasts - just as quickly as you want!
Rich sustain, thanks to a set-neck and string-through-body design
One of the Gretsch G5135PS Stump-o-matic Electromatic Corvette's hallmarks is its rich, singing sustain. That's because the team at Gretsch loaded it with a set-neck, a string-through-body design, and three killer Mega'Tron pickups. What's more, the guitar features a solid mahogany body, an easy-playing mahogany neck, a rosewood fingerboard, and an Adjusto-Matic bridge - all in the name of tone.
3 Mega'Tron humbucking pickups, with Tom "TV" Jones-designed circuitry
The Gretsch G5135PS Stump-o-matic Electromatic Corvette is decked out with three Mega'Tron humbucking pickups, for an incredible balance of warmth, snarl, and sustain. Tom "TV" Jones designed the Stump-o-matic's circuitry, giving it a 2-position rotary switch and a 3-position toggle, for crazy pickup compbinations, plus a monstrous Stump-o-matic kill switch. If you've got the axe screaming in full-on feedback, try toggling the kill switch machine-gun-style for massive effect! And, finally, to round it out, the Stump-o-matic sports a killer Pewter look, with strategically placed black stripes, for an appearance that's fitting to pump out that killer tone.
- Finish: Pewter w/ Black Stripes (Gloss Urethane)
- Body: Solid Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany, Set-In
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 21
- Scale Length: 24.6", (625mm)
- Nut Width: 1.6875,", (43mm)
- Hardware: Chrome-Plated
- Machine Heads: Chrome-plated Vintage Style Tuners
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic Bridge
- Three Mega'Tron Humbucking Pickups
- Switching: 2-Position Rotary Switch allows multiple combinations of all 3 Pickups
- Master Volume, Middle Pickup Volume/Blend Control, 3-Position Toggle
- Stump-o-matic Kill Switch
- String-through-body design
- TV Jones-designed circuitry with 2 position Rotary switch and 3 Mega'Tron pickups