Easily and Effectively Mic Choirs!
The Earthworks FlexWand 730/HC makes miking a choir easy - and discreet! This innovative system combines a microphone with a boom stand, offering up a low-profile solution that's specifically designed for miking choirs. There are no visible wires above floor level - a problem associated with many choir-miking solutions. What's more, you get trusted Earthworks sound quality, as the hypercardioid FlexWand 730/HC is a detailed condenser microphone, which offers high gain before feedback, excellent rejection, and high-SPL tolerance. Plus, you can position the FlexWand 730/HC at a variety of heights.
Earthworks FlexWand 730/HC at a Glance:
- Innovative, discreet choir-miking solution
- Features a high-quality, hypercardioid condenser microphone
Earthworks recognized many of the problems with current choir-miking solutions - many are time-consuming to set up (and break down), extremely noticeable onstage, and don't provide enough detail. To resolve these problems, they created the innovative FlexWand 730. It combines a microphone with a boom stand in a single discreet unit, and all the wiring is kept to the floor - so you don't have dangling cables onstage. You can also easily position the FlexWand 730/HC anywhere between 1.5-feet high and nearly 7-feet high, to meet your varying needs.Features a high-quality, hypercardioid condenser microphone
At the heart of the FlexWand 730/HC is a high-quality condenser microphone with a hypercardioid pickup pattern. This particular microphone notably offers up exceptional detail while rejecting sounds from the rear. You'll also enjoy a great deal of gain before feedback, an impressive 145dB SPL tolerance, and uniform frequency response from 0, 45, and 90 degrees - just what you need in a choir microphone.Earthworks FlexWand 730/HC Features:
- Frequency Response: 30Hz to 30kHz +/-2dB @ 6 inches
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid (Cardioid also available)
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa (-40dBV/Pa)
- Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
- Output Connector: Female XLR-3 (pin 2+)
- Min Output Load: 600 ohms between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 22dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Positioning Range: From 1.5 ft to 6.5 ft above floor level
- Dimensions: Stand 7' 2" long (2.18m), Base 12"
- (30.48cm) in diameter, (2.7cm) high
- Color: Stand, flex, and wand - black, base - dark gray
- Unit Weights: Stand 2 lbs (.9 kg), Base 12.6 lbs (5.7kg)
- Requires +48V phantom power