Make Your Guitar Rig Sound Bigger with This Booster!
The Fulltone Fat-Boost 3 boost pedal ups the ante on its predecessor, giving you gobs of clean boost plus the kind of bass and treble control you need to spice your amp tones up just the way you like them! This Class-A, JFET-powered booster is made to fit comfortably on your pedalboard, and its large Volume and Drive knobs are easy to adjust onstage. Smaller Bass and Treble knobs let you tweak your favorite tones, while true-bypass switching means that when the Fat-Boost 3 is off, it's off. The FET design adds amp-style compression to your signal as you turn up the Drive knob. You won't believe how big you can make your guitar sound through your amp — even at low volumes — with the Fat-Boost 3!Fulltone Fat-Boost 3 Boost Pedal at a Glance:
- Fatten up your tone the easy way
- Fulltone's FET design makes the Fat-Boost 3 sound great
- A hearty addition to your amp rig — and a perfect pedalboard helper
Fatten up your tone the easy way
The Fulltone Fat-Boost 3 is a discrete Class-A FET (Field-Effect Transistor) pedal offering up to 35dB of non-distorted gain without changing your signature sound — unless you so desire. You can fatten/distort your tone, brighten or mellow up the sound, add or subtract Bass, and add even-order harmonics! The FB-3 has true-bypass switching without the loud popping sound, thanks to Fulltone's proprietary anti-pop circuitry.
Fulltone's FET design makes the Fat-Boost 3 sound great
FETs can behave like tubes in a properly designed circuit. They can "clip" (distort) in a pleasing way instead of being buzzy or spiky sounding (like a transistor), and can also add a subtle limiting to the signal. This evens out the volume, making your live and recorded tones more pleasing to the ear.
A hearty addition to your amp rig — and a perfect pedalboard helper
The Fat-Boost 3 works great in front of non-master-volume tube amps to goose them into submission, as well as through master volume amps to drive them much harder than possible with just your guitar alone. It also works very well on bass, acoustic guitars with pickups and is the best thing you could put at the end of a pedalboard effects chain to completely eliminate the tone loss caused by long guitar cable runs back to your amp. Doing so will allow the use of 50' (or longer) cable lengths with no signal degradation whatsoever.
- Total redesign of Fulltone's Fat-Boost pedal
- Class-A , 100 percent JFET powered, with no op amps
- A huge amount of headroom before clipping of any pedal you've tried
- Pre-clipping Bass control (keeps things from getting flabby when using neck pickup
- Treble control allows lots of sparkle yet can brown up nicely
- Multi-stage FET design provides great compression
- Offers a bit of Tweed-style crunch tone with Drive control turned up, but excels as clean booster
- Non-inverting and extremely Low-Z output to drive other pedals and long cables
- Proprietary power section allows you to use just about any power supply
- True bypass, bright LED, and anti-pop switching circuitry