The First 24-bit/192kHz Memory Recorder for the Field
The Fostex FR-2 has been designed specifically for location sound recording, broadcast & sound effects acquisition, TV & radio documentary, and in fact any application where high quality audio recording is required. The Fostex FR-2 sets a new price performance ratio in the compact portable 2-track recorder market. Flexibility is the keyword with the Fostex FR-2. Recording industry-standard Broadcast WAV Files (BWF) to either PCMCIA 1.8" hard drives or Type II Compact Flash cards, the FR-2 brings many features from Fostex's experience as a long-term leader in digital location recording such as a 10 second pre-record buffer, battery power, onboard limiter, and phantom-powered balanced mic inputs. Of particular note is the FR-2's file-per-take system, with scene & auto take naming which was developed on the industry acclaimed PD-6 & DV40. The Fostex FR-2 has the ability to record up to 24-bit/192KHz, making it the first choice where the highest quality sound effects acquisition is required. An optional timecode card has a fully featured reader/generater, including 23.976, and external word/video references, making the Fostex FR-2 an ideal basic production or location backup recorder. Fostex FR-2 Features:
- Records to innovative PCMCIA 1.8" hard disk drives and Type II CompactFlash.
- Industry-standard BWF format. Stereo/mono selectable.
- "File per Take" system with scene & auto take naming/increment.
- Up to an 'industry-first' 24-bit 192KHz recording in the field.
- 132 x 65 dot matrix LCD for ease of use & high visibility in the field.
- Takes 'off-the-shelf' AA-size NiMH batteries for approx. 2 hours field operation (CompactFlash).
- Easy file transfer to PC/Mac via PCMCIA, CF adapter or standard onboard USB connection.
- Quick file naming onboard or via external keyboard (USB port as standard).
- Pre-recording loop buffer of approx. 10 seconds ensures no soundbite is ever missed.
- Tough rigid housing designed for the rigors of location use.
- Optional timecode generator/reader card.
- Dim: 9.45" W x 3.9" H x 8.26" D (240mm x 100mm x 210mm)
- Weight: 4.4 lbs. (2kg)
If collecting sound samples from any and everywhere is your passion, or you want to be able to have studio-quality sound in a CompactFlash recorder that you can carry everywhere, the Fostex FR-2 is for you.