Virtual FM Synthesizer with Powerful New Audio Engine and Effects
With Native Instruments FM8, FM synthesis is no longer the synth-sound of the '80s - it's the sound of today and tomorrow. Along with a new sound engine that that percolates with polyphonic passion, the focus of NI's FM8 is ease of use. The aptly named "Easy Edit Page" offers a clearly designed interface with simple controls that adjust more complex parameters automatically, allowing you to take a far more musical approach to FM synthesis. The more detailed editing pages have been improved for easier handling and are all accessible with just one click. A unique arpeggiator, sound-morphing feature, and a large selection of new effects add countless sound-shaping possibilities. Over 960 presets and an integrated KoreSound browser let you make music PDQ.Native Instruments FM8 at a Glance:
- Powerful new audio engine and easier user interface
- 900 presets pre-configured for use with KORE quick sample finding
- Drag and drop sound-morphing feature
- 32-step programmable arpeggiator
- Virtual effects rack with 10 new effects
Quick and easy
The FM8 picks up where its award-winning predecessor, the FM7, left off taking FM synthesis even further. FM8's emphasis on ease-of-use brings a high degree of simplicity to the otherwise intricate process of FM synthesis. The powerful new audio engine delivers unsurpassed quality, generating a livelier, more energetic sound than ever before.
The FM8 is the ideal starting point for beginners into the world of FM synthesis: sounds can be quickly and easily altered using the intuitive controls on the "Easy Edit Page". The synthesizer is however equally suited to experts in the field: operator details and the full range of advanced, editable parameters are all available and accessible within a vastly improved hierarchy.
The KoreSound Browser and KORE
All 900 presets have been pre-configured for use with KORE and categorised as KoreSounds. The KoreSound Browser brings a high degree of simplicity and speed to the task of finding and managing presets. Browse and filter according to a number of different sonic criteria and attributes or just enter a keyword or phrase in the free search mode - the results are displayed instantly.
The sound morphing feature is incredibly simple yet unbelievably powerful. Just drag'n'drop sounds directly from the KoreSound Browser onto the four corners and you can now 'morph' your current preset with the timbres of the additional sounds you selected. The movements can of course be automated. An ingeniously creative way of designing completely new and fluctuating sounds.
The powerful, programmable arpeggiator offers a matrix of up to 32 steps. Similar to a step sequencer, it automatically adds explosive patterns and accents to the notes you play - instantly instilling your productions with that extra edge.
In addition to the original FM7's effects, the FM8's new rack includes over 10 new effects: from talk wah, phaser and flanger to tremolo, reverb and pitch-able delay - it's all in there. The effects rack allows you to add your personal touch to any sound. From pristine and pure to the roughest, dirtiest sonic creations, these effects take the FM8 way beyond the stereotypical sound of FM synthesis.
- Award-winning FM synthesizer with extended sound architecture and high-quality mode
- KoreSound Browser for easy searching of 960 KORE-configured presets (Incl. FM7 Sounds Vol I & II)
- FM8 uses the KoreSound format, ensuring perfect integration with KORE
- Optimized user interface for quick and convenient sound editing
- Powerful, graphical sound morphing feature for easy creation of sophisticated, evolving sounds
- Extremely versatile arpeggiator for intuitive generation of intricate patterns
- Quick-access effects rack with 12 high-quality effects, such as phaser, flanger, tube amp, overdrive, delays, EQs
- Enhanced graphical envelopes with 32 stages, looping and tempo synchronization
- Full-matrix modulation: freely adjustable algorithm structure with 6 operators plus distortion and analog filter operators
- Reads and reproduces classic FM sound programs of yesteryear such as the DX and TX series