Electrodyne is Back!
The Electrodyne 501 500 Series Mic Preamp fortifies your rack with great-sounding "Golden Era" technology. Electrodyne consoles juiced some of the hottest hits of the late '60s and early '70s at top studios like Capitol, Warners, Stax, Decca, and Motown. This 2-stage, discrete transistor, transformer-coupled preamp is built. The amp stages are individually optimized using selected original-spec components. The transformers are made by Electrodyne's original manufacturer to exacting factory specs. The onboard active DI circuit presents a nearly immeasurable load to finicky musical instrument outputs. The Electrodyne 501 - you gotta hear this!
Electrodyne 511 500 Series Mic Preamp Features at a Glance:
- The transformers are made by Electrodyne's original manufacturer to exacting factory specifications
- Onboard active DI circuit presents a nearly immeasurable load to sensitive musical instrument outputs
- Output of the DI circuit is designed to directly connect and interact with the mic input transformer
- Maximum Gain: 68db. Adjustable over 50db in 2db steps with two ranges using 20db pad
- Output level control: Infinitely adjustable from 0 (off) to +6db over unity
- Input impedance: Microphone, 50 / 200 ohms selectable. DI, over 7 megohms
- Output impedance: 150 ohms
- Distortion: 0.02%typical over entire gain range
- Maximum output: +30db at less than 0.8%thd. (+29.5db at 0.06%thd)
- Frequency response: +/- 0.25db, 10hz to 60khz
- Signal to noise: -80db typ, -60db at absolute maximum gain
- Clip indicator: Monitors all three amp stages and illuminates when any stage is 3db from clip