Get Amazing Organ and Piano Sounds plus a Ton of Features!
The Nord Electro 3 keyboard updates the famed Electro and creates a very powerful instrument with great new features! The Electro 3 includes a new piano section, a new organ section, and impressive new effects. You can also access any samples from the Nord Sample Library on your Electro 3, making it more versatile than ever. This 73-key version (a 61-key model is also available) allows you to work in Split Mode on its keyboard, or plug in a second keyboard for true split performance. You also get a very impressive rotary speaker emulator that makes organ sounds from the Electro 3 even more authentic sounding!Nord Electro 3 Keyboard with 73 Keys at a Glance:
- Play great-sounding new pianos
- Access the Nord Sample Library
- Play incredibly realistic and responsive organ sounds
- Play Split mode on the Electro 3 or with another keyboard
- Take advantage of great effects and a rotary speaker emulator
Play great-sounding new pianos
The Electro 3 is loaded with a great selection of pianos. There are three acoustic grands and two electric grands. Electric piano aficionados will love the tine-based types: a Mk I, a Suitcase Mk I, a Mk II, and a Mk V - all with their own unique and distinctive personalities. A great A200 A is onboard, as is the mighty D6. The Clavinet type also includes harpsichords. There is a French harpsichord in the factory sound bank, and more to come in the Nord Piano Library download area.
Access the Nord Sample Library
Not only loaded with great piano sounds, the Electro 3 also sports some great samples to add flavor to your sonic arsenal. You'll find some of the classic Mellotron sounds, a selection of strings, a celeste, a vibraphone and many others. And just as with the piano partition, all of the samples can be replaced if the factory selection does not suit your immediate needs. You can add virtually any sound you want to the Nord Electro 3. Nord offers free sounds from their expanding and extensive Nord Sample Library. By using the free Nord Sample Editor, you can add any sound you want to the Electro 3. The Sample Editor can use audio files in the WAV format and is equipped with some great tools to assist you in getting the results you want. Mapping several samples across the keyboard or creating perfect loops has never been easier. You can even start assembling your own samples in the computer without having the Nord Electro 3 present - just download the Editor and the Electro 3 manual and fire away. The Nord Sample Editor is compatible with Windows XP and Vista, and Mac OSX.
Play incredibly realistic and responsive organ sounds
The growling sound and soul of a B3 is hard to replicate faithfully in a digital instrument. Nord has spent years perfecting their digital models, and the Electro 3 contains the best emulation so far. The attention to small details is stunning! The Electro 3 is equipped with four selectable tonewheel modes, taking it from a clean sound to a battered unit with the most dramatic setting (this setting even produces a sound in the background of its own, even if you don't touch any keys).
Every function in a B3 has been considered and examined in great detail by Nord to make the Electro 3 as true to the original sound as possible. There are key clicks derived from the original busbar behavior and the energy robbing that produces the gentle compression when you do that massive palm smear across the keyboard. To get the response right, Nord includes the option to trigger the organ sounds at the very top of a key's range, making it react just as fast as the original. They also added option to either include or exclude the 9th drawbar when Percussion was activated. The Farfisa and Vox models are just as impressive as the B3. You get the same behavior and unique response from Nord's models as in the original instruments. The Farfisa Compact Deluxe, considered by many to be the mother of transistor organs, involves routing matrixes and complex filter combinations that offer a tailored sound with massive energy and high end. The Vox Continental's brute design brings you a more hollow tone, but with a very intense character. Both these transistor organs have their own unique, irreplaceable personalities. Combine them with any of the Electro 3's speaker simulations, add some distortion, adjust the EQ, and they will definitely get you through any organ gig with flying colors.
Play Split mode on the Electro 3 or with another keyboard
Using the Organ Split mode, you can play two different organ registrations in a dual manual fashion, one sound on either side of a user definable keyboard split point. Connect a second MIDI keyboard to the Electro 3, to use the organ split functionality, but in a true, dual manual setup.
Take advantage of great effects and a rotary speaker emulator
The Nord Electro 3 is equipped with a great selection of high quality effects including a lush-sounding reverb with five different algorithms. There is also a selection of tremolo, panning, wah-wah, phaser, flanger and chorus effects, and a ring modulator. You can sculpt your final sound even further by choosing from three amplifier simulations - they can add any amount of grit and distortion you need. A three-band EQ with sweepable mid-range and a compressor can be added to the final stage of the audio path.
The rotary speaker emulator originates from the award-winning Nord C1 Combo Organ, with its acclaimed sound quality. This rotary speaker emulator incorporates the acoustic variations that occur when a physical speaker spreads the sound in a room, providing the full experience of when the air is moved around.The Electro 3's rotary also features a brand new function in the addition of the Rotary Stop Mode. This allows you to switch between fast and stopped rotation and back again by using either the controls on the panel or with a foot pedal connected to the Rotor Pedal input. You also get several user adjustable settings, including speed and acceleration times for both treble and bass rotors.Nord Electro 3 Keyboard with 73 Keys Features:
- Keyboard: 61-key (5 octaves) or 73-key (6 octaves). Velocity sensitive semi-weighted "waterfall" (square front) keyboard
- Organ section from the Nord C1 Combo Organ
- Three classic organ models: B3, Vox Continental, and Farfisa with full polyphony
- Nine digitally controlled drawbars
- Two complete organ registrations for every program
- Percussion with 2nd, 3rd, normal/soft, fast/slow for the B3 model
- User-adjustable percussion levels, percussion decays, and keyclick level
- Vibrato/Chorus Control with separate functionality for each model
- Four Tonewheel modes
- MIDI Split supports an extra MIDI keyboard when the Organ Split mode is activated
- Five selectable types of pianos - Grand, Upright, EPiano, Wurlitzer Clav/Harpsichord
- 185MB of the flash memory is allocated to the piano types
- Every piano in the Electro 3 is replacable by the user
- Samp Lib type can contain up to 50 samples from the Nord Sample Library
- 68MB of the flash memory is allocated to samples
- Stereo pianos and samples can be played back in mono
- 40-60 voices of polyphony
- Effect 1 - pan, tremolo, auto-wah, pedal-wah and ring modulator
- Effect 2 - phaser, flanger and chorus
- Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, compressor and rotary speaker
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Rotary speed controls - Slow, Fast, and Stopped
- User-adjustable rotary treble and bass rotor speeds and acceleration rates
- Reverb with five algorithms - Room, Stage Soft, Stage, Hall, Hall Soft
- Dry/Wet control
- 3-band EQ, with sweepable mid +/-15 dB gain/attenuation
- 128 program memories
- Two Audio outputs
- One Monitor input
- One Headphone output
- One Control pedal input
- One Sustain pedal input
- One Rotary Speaker speed switch pedal input
- MIDI I/O
- Included accessories: User manual, power cords, Nord DVD-ROM
- Nord Electro 3 61: 35.4" x 3.9" x 11.8"; Nord Electro 3 73: 44.1" x 3.9" x 11.8"
- Weight: Nord Electro 3 61: 15.3 lbs.; Nord Electro 3 73: 18.2 lbs.