Gibson's Classic '50s Era Semi-hollow Jazz Box!
Few guitars can match the Gibson Memphis ES-335 Dot semi-hollowbody electric guitar in sheer star power. It has been seen in the hands of guitarists as diverse as Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, B. B. King, and session legend, Larry Carlton (who has his own '335 Signature model). And of all the ES-335s Gibson Memphis has made, the one with the most magic is the 1960 SlimTaper Dot Neck. With its arched top, f-holes, and solid maple center block, the semi-hollow '335 has all the raw power of a solidbody but with the refined elegance of a traditional Gibson Memphis archtop. Get your ES-335 Dot Figured Gloss from Sweetwater!
Gibson Memphis ES-335 Dot Figured Gloss Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- This iconic Gibson serves up all the '50s ES-335 Dot mojo you could ask for
- '57 Classic pickups dish out traditional PAF humbucking tone
- 1960s SlimTaper neck carve provides the smooth action you desire
The first ES-335s that rolled off the Gibson Memphis production line have truly achieved legendary status. Maybe it's the semi-hollowbody design, the sound of its two humbucking pickups, or just the simple elegance of the pearloid dot inlays. Whatever it is, it has made the original 1950s ES-335s among the most sought-after guitars among collectors who are often happy to pay astronomical prices for instruments in good condition. Odds of even finding a Dot Neck '335 from the 1950s today are almost zero. The next best thing is to get your hands on the this ES-335 Dot Figured Gloss. It has the looks, the sound, and the star power of the real thing.'57 Classic pickups dish out traditional PAF humbucking tone
Thanks to dual '57 Classic humbucking pickups, each with their own volume and tone controls, you can coax an impressive range of tones from the Gibson Memphis ES-335 Dot Figured Gloss. These pickups deliver complex midrange, punchy lows, and a smooth top end that won't make your teeth hurt. That makes the ES-335 Dot ideal for jazz but versatile enough for country, rock, and blues styles too.1960s SlimTaper neck carve provides the smooth action you desire
Speaking of things that make this Gibson Memphis Memphis ES-335 Dot Figured Gloss a fantastic-playing guitar, check out its neck. Like most of the popular ES-335 Dot models out there right now, this guitar features a 1960s SlimTaper neck profile. No matter what style you play, you're sure to appreciate its combination of fast action and the warmth of its rosewood fingerboard.
Gibson Memphis ES-335 Dot Figured Gloss Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- The timeless semi-hollowbody electric guitar that defined the pop music of the '50s
- Classic arched-top laminated maple body and mahogany neck give this guitar its expressive mids, warm bass, and sparkling highs
- '57 Classic humbuckers capture the smooth and punchy sound of Gibson's original PAFs
- Smooth-playing 1960s SlimTaper neck provides the perfect balance between fast action and solid feel
- Traditional ABR-1 bridge adds a classic vibe and extreme stability to this guitar
- Hardshell case included