The Tone And The Look That Inspires
Gibson invented the semi-hollowbody electric guitar in 1958, offering players the perfect combination of traditional archtop looks and powerful solidbody performance. The original ES-335 was soon joined by the ES-345, with additional ornamentation and features. Today's ES-335 and ES-345 continue to provide the tone and the look that inspires musicians in blues, rock and jazz. And who could be more inspiring to guitarists than BB King, whose legendary Lucille is based on the ES-345. (Lucille is an ES 355. Think of her as an ES 345 with an evening dress.)Gibson ES345 at a Glance:
- Double cutatway semi-hollowbody, Faded Cherry finish.
- Two '57 Classic humbuckers, two volume & tone controls, three-way switch.
- Pearloid split parallelogram inlay.
Vari-tone Electronics And Double-Parallelogram Inlay
The original ES-345 debuted in 1959 in response to demand for an upgrade on the revolutionary new semi-hollowbody design of the ES-335, with Vari-tone electronics and double-parallelogram inlay.
Some things never change. The demand for the ES-345 is still there. And so is the ES-345 Reissue.
Gibson ES345 Features:
- Size: 16" wide x 19" long x 1.75" thick.
- Top Species: Maple/Poplar/Maple laminate.
- Back Species: Maple/Poplar/Maple laminate.
- Rim Species: Maple/Poplar/Maple laminate.
- Center Block Species: 1-piece Maple.
- Binding: Multi-ply top, single-ply back.
- Species: Mahogany.
- Profile: 1960 slim taper.
- Peghead Pitch: 17°.
- Thickness at 1st fret: 0.800".
- Thickness at 12th fret: 0.875".
- Heel Length: 0.500".
- Neck Joint Location: 19th fret.
- Headstock Inlay: Holly.
- Species: Rosewood.
- Scale length: 243/4".
- Total Length: 18".
- Nut Width: 111/16".
- Width at 12th fret: 2.062".
- Frets: 22.
- Inlays: Pearloid split Parallelogram.
- Binding: Single-ply.
- Plating Finish: Gold.
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic.
- Tailpiece: Stopbar..
- Knobs: Black tophat with gold insert and nickel pointers.
- Tuners: Green Key.
- Pickups: Two '57 Classic humbuckers.
- Controls: Two volume, two tone, three-way switch.
- Exterior: Black smooth levant hardshell.
- Interior: Classic Navy Velour.
- Brite Wires .010-.046.