Aggressive Tone From This "Wylde" Axe!
Step out onstage with the Zakk Wylde ZV Custom and you're sure to turn heads. This axe merges two super-recognizable guitar shapes into one ultra-playable vision of aggression. On the upper half, the Epiphone Zakk Wylde ZV Custom sports the "SG" double-cutaway, so you can easily shred up the neck. Below, it's got the "Flying-V" for total stage appeal. That's not all, though. You'll find a set of high-output EMG-HZ humbucking pickups plus a number of "extras," so your Epiphone Zakk Wylde ZV Custom is all about one thing: tone.Epiphone Zakk Wylde ZV Custom Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- A Fusion of the SG and Flying-V Body Styles, For a Wylde ZV Look!
- More Than Just Looks: Packed with High-output, Huge-tone EMG Humbuckers
- This ZV's Got a Special Bridge Design, So it's Built for Serious Sustain
- All About the Extras: StrapLocks and a Custom Gig-worthy Hardshell Case
A Fusion of the SG and Flying-V Body Styles, For a Wylde ZV Look!
Why be all one thing when you can be the best of both? As legend has it, Zakk Wylde conceived the Epiphone Zakk Wylde ZV Custom's body style on a bar napkin. He blended two of the most distinguishable guitar shapes in all of history, to create his hybrid masterpiece. Up on top, the "SG" body style gives you total fingerboard access - just what you need for high-speed licks, riffs, and runs. Then, down below, you've got the "Flying-V" half, giving you extreme attitude to match your extreme, aggressive playing.
More Than Just Looks: Packed with High-output, Huge-tone EMG Humbuckers
Your Epiphone Zakk Wylde ZV Custom is, no doubt, the kind of guitar people notice. But that's not just because of its stand-out appearance. Epiphone also loaded up the Zakk Wylde ZV Custom with a pair of one-two punch EMG pickups, so you've got the high-output necessary to match Zakk's style - plus a ton of tonal variation to develop your own. With an HZ-4 pickup in bridge position and an HZ-4A pickup in neck position, you'll be ready for it all - the Zakk Wylde ZV Custom's even got separate volume controls for both pickups, a Master Tone control, and a 3-way pickup selector. How's that for flexibility?
This ZV's Got a Special Bridge Design, So it's Built for Serious Sustain
Epiphone couldn't help themselves. If you've got an amazing solid mahogany body and a glued-in hard Maple neck, you're automatically asking for deep, rich tone with lots of sustain. So, they decided to maximize the voice of the Zakk Wylde ZV Custom by fitting it with a new patent-applied-for LockTone tune-o-matic bridge - it "locks" the bridge on the post. Add to that a string-thru-body design, and you'll know your Zakk Wylde SV Custom's ready for the ultimate in strong-to-body vibrations.
All About the Extras: StrapLocks and a Custom Gig-worthy Hardshell Case
If you've got an axe like this, Epiphone knows you're going to want to play it. All the time. That's why they loaded it with a few "extras" to get you rocking just a little harder, just a little longer. First, the Epiphone Zakk Wylde ZV Custom's got StrapLocks built into it, so it stays on its leash - even when you're really wailing on it onstage. Next, Epiphone included a custom-designed fitted hard case that's loaded with ZV-inspired artwork and a metal chain handle. It's the only case worthy of your Zakk Wylde ZV Custom. Zakk definitely approves.
- An Epiphone unlike any other: killer hybrid of the SG and Flying-V body styles
- Delivers extreme SG playability plus Flying-V attitude. Nice.
- Loaded with high-output EMG humbuckers, so you can match Zakk's aggressive style
- LockTone bridge plus string-thru body gives you serious sustain
- StrapLocks come standard, so this beast stays on its leash
- Ready to gig, with a custom-fitted hardshell case, complete with ZV-inspired artwork
- Color: Ebony
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Hard Maple
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper, Satin Finish, Natural Color
- Neck Joint: Glued-in
- Truss Rod: Double-action, 2-way
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22 Medium/Jumbo, nick/silver alloy
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Nut Width: 1-22/16"
- Neck Pickup: EMG HZ-4A
- Bridge Pickup: EMG HZ-4
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Metal-V, String-thru-body Design
- Controls: Bridge Volume, Neck Volume, Master Tone, 3-way Toggle Selector
- Tuners: Grover
- Outputs: 1/4" Mono
- Hardware: Black
- Binding: Neck, Headstock
- Features Built-in Straplocks
- Custom Hardshell Case included