Celebrate 50 Years of a Classic LP, with This Epiphone!
The Epiphone LTD '59 Les Paul Standard solidbody electric guitar celebrates 50 years of a legendary instrument, and honors its namesake! Based on the venerable original, this limited '59 Les Paul Standard gives you a host of classic features, including a rounded neck profile, a deep-set long neck tenon, and classic sound and playability. You get two Gibson Burstbucker pickups, which provide that great PAF sound, and the mahogany body/maple top combo that helps to give LPs their fantastic tone and sustain is here, too. Here's your chance to play a great guitar with a fantastic heritage: the limited Epiphone LTD '59 Les Paul Standard!Epiphone LTD '59 Les Paul Standard Limited Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- A tribute to a classic instrument
- Stellar pickups give you that magical PAF sound
- Outstanding hardware, Epiphone quality
A tribute to a classic instrument
Epiphone's Les Paul Standard has been a favorite guitar for decades. Starting with the same successful recipe, Epiphone significantly "steps it up" on this Limited Edition "1959" reissue. True to its heritage, the neck features an authentic, 1950s rounded neck profile. This neck feels beefy yet comfortable in your hands while adding warmth and sustain with its greater mass. Epiphone hand fits this solid mahogany neck into the body with an historically accurate "deep-set" long neck tenon that extends well into the neck pickup cavity creating even more tone and sustain. As is traditional with Les Paul Standards, the back of the body is solid mahogany while the top is a carved hard maple cap. A premium AAA grade flame maple veneer is attached to capture the true "beauty of the burst."
Stellar pickups give you that magical PAF sound
The LTD '59 Les Paul Standard's BurstBucker pickups replicate the sound of Gibson's original "Patent Applied For" pickups — the pickups that gave the original '59 Les Paul Standard its legendary sound. Like the originals, with unpolished magnets and non-potted coils, variations in pickup output and tone also came from inconsistencies in winding the bobbins, a result of the lack of automatic shutoffs on Gibson's winding machines in the late 1950s. Seth Lover, who invented the humbucker, always said they wound the bobbins "until they were full." When two coils in a pickup have a different number of turns, that variation puts a little "edge" or "bite" on the classic humbucker sound. That's the sound BurstBuckers replicate.
Outstanding hardware, Epiphone quality
Other unique features of this "1959" include a Switchcraft brand toggle switch, Mallory-150 tone capacitors, amber "top hat" knobs with metal pointers, nickel hardware, a blank trussrod cover, and a "stamped" serial number on the back of the headstock. To top it all off, the guitar includes a replica Lifton-style case with brown exterior and pink interior. It also includes a certificate of authenticity as well as Epiphone's Limited Lifetime Warranty and 24/7/365 customer service. If you don't have the wallet for a real "1959" or want a professional instrument that you can perform with night after night, this complete package is for you. But hurry. Quantities are limited to 1,959 total.
- Color: Faded Cherry Burst
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Carved Hard Maple Cap with AAA Flame Maple Veneer
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1950's Rounded "D" profile
- Neck Joint: "Deep-Set" Glued-In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with pearloid "Trapezoid" inlays
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA Burstbucker 2
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA Burstbucker 3
- Controls: Bridge Volume, Neck Volume, Bridge Tone w/Mallory-150 capacitors, Neck Tone w/Mallory-150 capacitors, Switchcraft 3-way toggle
- Binding: Body and Fingerboard
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone tune-o-matic/stopbar
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Vintage Style, 14:1 ratio with "tulip" buttons
- Colors: Faded Cherryburst (FC), Faded Iced Tea (FT)
- Includes: Hard Case, Certificate of Authenticity
- Warranty: Epiphone Limited Lifetime