Buttery Playability - and Big, Balanced Tone!
The Epiphone AJ-220SCE is one of Epi's best selling acoustic-electric guitars - and for good reason. The AJ-220SCE's Advanced Jumbo body gives you big sound, while conveying every nuance of your performance. Its bell-like shape sports a large lower bout and a smaller, rounded upper bout; this combination delivers a focused, balanced tone with robust lows complimented by a brilliant crispness in the mids and highs. And this guitar's comfortable SlimTaper neck and elegant Venetian cutaway make fast runs in the treble range a pleasure to execute. Factor in Shadow's Performer Tuner preamp, and the Epiphone AJ-220SCE becomes an irresistible bargain.
Epiphone AJ-220SCE Acoustic/Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Beefy lows, crisp mids, and bell-like highs
- With the AJ-220SCE, you're always stage-ready
- Perfect for singer-songwriters - or in your thickest track
The Epiphone AJ-220SCE serves up crisp, clear mids and highs - a refreshing change if you're used to a square-shouldered dreadnought. What's up with that? Epiphone's Advanced Jumbo body shape - first produced in the 1930s - has a big lower bout, and a smaller, rounded upper bout - with a narrow waist in between. This bell-shaped arrangement is what's responsible for the unmistakable clarity that characterizes Epi's Advanced Jumbo acoustics.You're always stage-ready
With the Epiphone AJ-220SCE, you're always ready for the spotlight. Fitted with Shadow's Performer Tuner preamp system, the AJ-220SCE gives you get easy plug 'n' play access to great amplified acoustic guitar tone. The system gives you control over master volume, as well as treble and bass EQ, a tuner/mute button, and a built-in chromatic tuner. And powered by two 2032 lithium batteries, the Shadow Performer is much lighter weight and easier to maintain than older systems that use 9V batteries.Perfect for singer-songwriters - or in your thickest track
The Epiphone AJ-220SCE's big, balanced tone is ideal for singer-songwriters. If you perform solo, the AJ-220SCE is your perfect accompaniment, serving up the natural acoustic volume and bass response you need, along with the midrange clarity and bell-like highs that are so important for enhanced solo playing. With that said, the AJ-220SCE also sits beautifully in a track. Again, it's this instrument's inherent clarity that makes the difference. When you've got bass, drums, keyboards, electric guitars, and vocals all competing for attention, you certainly don't need a muddy-sounding acoustic!Epiphone AJ-220SCE Acoustic/Electric Guitar Features:
- Select mahogany body; solid Sitka spruce top
- Solid mahogany SlimTaper D-profile neck with satin finish; 25.5" scale
- Dovetail set neck joint; 12" radius rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays
- Trussrod Adjustable via headstock
- Frets 20; medium/jumbo
- Binding 6-Layer body; Front, 1-Layer;
- Fingerboard Nut Width 1.68"
- Sealed, die-cast machine heads, 14:1 ratio; nickel hardware
- NanoFlex low-impedance bridge pickup
- Shadow Performer Tuner preamp
- Solid rosewood reverse-belly bridge,
- Compensated PVC saddle
- Simulated tortoise pickguard with metal "E"
- Metal Endpin 1/4" output jack, strap buttons
- Epiphone Limited Lifetime Warranty