What'll You Do When You Get Lonely?
Plug into your Fender EC Vibro Champ and wail away. The EC Vibro Champ is a handwired, 5-watt boutique incarnation of the guitar amp Eric Clapton started using for recording in his early solo career after swearing off the excesses of Cream and Blind Faith. For recording, the tonal mojo of low-wattage tube amps has long been known. Eric found that just a pinkie twist on his Strat's volume pot gave him a complete range of sound from pristine clean to swampy overdrive. Featuring EC-spec'd tremolo and power attenuation, the Fender EC Vibro Champ is a little gem you're gonna love.Fender EC Vibro Champ at a Glance:
- Terrific for recording and practice
- Control the amp with your axe
- Boutique amp in tweed clothing
The Fender EC Vibro Champ is perfect for recording. Savvy session guitarists and engineers have long known about the benefits of using small tube amps for recording. They're easy to control, a breeze to position and mic, and generally produce excellent results. And for late-night bedroom practice, they're far more preferable than a 100-watt arena stack.Control the amp with your axe
The Fender EC Vibro Champ responds to pinkie power. The trick with low-wattage amps is to use your guitar's volume pot to control the amp. Set your amp volume to maximum and let your pinkie sculpt your sound. Listen to any track on Eric Clapton's Layla album (or just about any other EC solo project) and that's exactly what you'll hear.Boutique amp in tweed clothing
The Fender EC Vibro Champ is a boutique amp in tweed clothing. Seriously, this amp is built. Built in Corona, California, the EC Vibro Champ sports handwired all-tube circuitry and premium components throughout. The finger-joined solid pine cabinet resonates with a warm, woody tone, and is finished in authentic lacquered tweed with a vintage brown/gold grille cloth and a genuine leather strap handle. This is how they used to make them. If this level of workmanship excites you, give your Sweetwater Sales Engineer a shout and order up your own Fender EC Vibro Champ.Fender EC Vibro Champ Features:
- Handwired all-tube circuitry on eyelet board; premium components throughout
- Circuit based on late 1950s 5F1 Champ - produces about 5 watts
- Tremolo with speed control and footswitch jack (optional footswitch available)
- 8" Weber signature speaker with Alnico magnet for dynamic, sensitive response
- Groove Tubes 6V6GT output tube, 2 x 12AX7 preamp tubes, and 5Y3GT rectifier tube
- Custom transformers by Schumacher
- Switchable output power attenuator reduces the speaker's output if desired
- Disconnectable internal speaker - allows use of external 8-ohm speaker enclosure
- Finger-joined solid pine cabinet resonates with a warm, woody tone
- Genuine lacquered tweed covering with vintage brown/gold grille cloth and leather strap handle
- Deluxe fitted cover is included
- Handmade in Corona, California
Nail Eric Clapton's small amp tone with the Fender EC Vibro Champ!
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.