A Mono Modular Workhorse!
Whether you're a lifelong modular synth nut or you're looking to add your first analog synth to your rig, you can't help but appreciate the Doepfer Dark Energy II's combination of elegant simplicity and powerful sound-shaping capabilities. A quick overview reveals the basic nature of this monosynth: there's a single VCO, a multimode VCF, a VCA, two LFOs, and a classic ADSR envelope. A healthy set of modulation settings allow you to add motion and an evolving character to your sound, and multicolor LEDs provide some useful visual feedback. When it comes to connectivity, the Dark Energy II provides you with a full complement of CV I/O, as well as a USB MIDI interface, making it easy to connect it to the rest of your synthesizer gear. So, whether you're running an old-school analog rig or adding some analog goodness to your in-the-box rig, you're going to enjoy your Doepfer Dark Energy II monosynth.Doepfer Dark Energy II Monophonic Analog Synthesizer Features:
- A traditional analog monosynth that's perfect for novices and advanced synth geeks alike
- Straightforward design includes 1 VCO, 1 multimode VCF, 1 VCA, 2 LFOs, and 1 classic ADSR envelope
- Modulation source selection controls and additional range settings allow you to dramatically shape your sounds
- Top- and back-panel CV/Gate I/O lets you patch your module into the rest of your synthesizer rig
- USB and MIDI inputs let you play sounds via your DAW or external keyboards
- Audio input lets you affect external signal with the analog filter, amp, and modulation sources