An Excellent Multichannel Field Recorder!
Whether you're working on a documentary, a festival short, or tracking a band on site, one thing's for certain, you're going to need a reliable portable recorder that's up to the task. These days, there are many perfectly fine portable recorders out there for tracking small-scale music or jotting down song ideas, but when you have to face the reality of on-site production, two or even four tracks of recording at a time just aren't going to cut it. What you need is a portable recorder that gives you flexible options so that you can adapt to any situation. What you need is a TASCAM DR-680 8-channel portable SD recorder!
Six analog inputs with microphone preamps (four XLR/TRS, two TRS only) give the TASCAM DR-680 plenty of available I/O for microphones or other analog-only gear. Each channel also has its own limiter and highpass filter, which is a real bonus when you're trying to nail the first take. You also get two channels of S/PDIF, for a total of eight simultaneous inputs at up to 96kHz/24-bit quality, all recorded on inexpensive SD or SDHC card media. That's easily enough to record a full surround sound mix plus a couple of dialog mics, and if you still have a pair of channels left over, the DR-680 can also record a stereo mix, complete with level and pan assignments - all at the same time!
Convenient functions such as level-dependent auto-recording, pre-recording, and on-the-fly marking make professional-quality production not only possible, but easy. A large (128x64) backlit LCD display makes navigating through the DR-680's settings headache free, and a built in speaker lets you review your work with headphones. Need more channels? No problem! A convenient cascade function allows you to bridge two DR-680s together. Cascaded together, a pair of DR-680s can provide you with up to 14 simultaneous tracks of recording on battery power alone. Overall, the TASCAM DR-680 makes portable multi-channel recording easier and more affordable than ever before!TASCAM DR-680 Portable Multi-channel Field Recorder Features at a Glance:
- 8-track portable recording
- Records to SD/SDHC card media (not included)
- Record 8 individual inputs or 6 inputs plus a stereo mixdown
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV file resolution for 8 channels
- Stereo 192kHz/24-bit recording mode
- 4-channel MP3 recording
- Digital monitor mixing (level and pan) with recordable stereo mixdown
- Ideal for surround music and effects recording
- Cascade function for running 2 units together
- Pre-recording feature
- Auto-recording mode begins recording when the input reaches a certain level
- Mark function during recording/playback
- Edit functions such as divide and delete
- 128x64 backlit LCD display
- Powered through (8x) AA batteries or (included) PS-1225L adapter
- Premium AKM Audio4Pro 192kHz A/D converters with over 100dB signal to noise ratio
- 6 x mic pres with 60dB of gain and phantom power
- 4 x XLR/TRS combo mic/line inputs
- 2 x 1/4" TRS only mic/line inputs
- Highpass filter and limiter on each input
- 6 x RCA unbalanced line outputs
- S/PDIF digital in and out
- USB 2.0 (mini B) connection for computer
- Built-in speaker
- 1/4" stereo headphone output
- Included accessories: PS-1225L power supply, shoulder strap
- Dimensions: 7.95" x 2.12" x 6.93"
- Weight 2.65 lbs. without batteries