Spy-style Portable Recorder!
Incredibly compact! The DR-08 from TASCAM is among the slimmest portable recorders we've ever seen. Slip this one into your pocket or gig bag and you'll be ready to recorder anything, anytime. Better yet, you'll be able to record at better-than-CD-quality too. The DR-08 can record WAV or MP3 files, whichever you prefer, and it records to slim MicroSD media (a 2GB card comes with it). Just because it's slim, it doesn't mean it's not versatile. The DR-08 features two microphones that let you vary the angle, so you can get the right pickup for your source. Choose a tighter pattern when you're up close to an instrument or voice or spread them out when you need wider coverage — say, for recording a full band. That's only the beginning of the TASCAM DR-08...
We can't believe how much TASCAM packed into the little DR-08. It manages to feature a 1/8" stereo mic/line input, so you can bring in other sources — very convenient. There's even a headphone/line output for monitoring the signal or sending it to your other gear. Of course, you can always use the built-in speaker to preview your recordings or show your friends your cool tracks. A USB 2.0 connection is built in too, so you can connect it right to your computer and transfer all your files — it's easy.
Other helpful DR-08 features include the built-in foldable stand. Just pop the DR-08 on your desktop and record your acoustic jams or singer/songwriter ideas — ideal for the dorm room musician. A timer recording mode helps you cut down on long pauses before your track starts and low-cut filter helps kill problematic low-end rumble from ruining your otherwise awesome recordings.
Last not least, the TASCAM DR-08 is designed to help you not only record but practice. Use the Variable Speed Playback feature to play back files at different speeds — great for working on a solo until you can play it at the full tempo (or, why not see how fast you can shred!).
When you're ready to start recording, the TASCAM DR-08 is a great place to start — it's extremely portable and lightweight, so you're ready for spy-style recording adventures, with better-than-CD sound!TASCAM DR-08 Portable MicroSD Recorder Features:
- Portable digital recorder
- WAV recording from 16-bit/44.1kHz up to 24-bit/96kHz
- MP3 recording from 32k — 320 kbps
- Records to MicroSD media (2GB card included)
- Two cardioid microphones with variable angle mechanism
- Variable Speed Playback
- Auto recording mode
- Timer recording mode
- Manual and automatic gain control modes
- Low cut filter and noise cancel functions
- Built-in foldable stand for desktop recording
- Pre-recording buffer (up to 2 seconds)
- 1/8" stereo mic/line input with plug-in power
- 1/8" stereo headphone/line output
- Playlist and folder management
- Built-in speaker
- Transfer recordings to computer using USB 2.0 connection
- 96x96 backlit LCD display
- Powered by AAA batteries, USB power
- Dimensions: 1.45" W x 5.41" D x 0.59" H
- Weight: 2.72oz including batteries
- Included accessories: 2x AAA battery, Micro-USB cable, 2GB MicroSD card