Grab 'N' Go Recorder
TASCAM has taken affordable portable stereo recorders to the next level with the DR-07mkII. The big news here is the onboard condenser microphones, which you can adjust as you would a professional stereo studio mic to get the best recording possible. With the DR-07mkII, you can optimize the stereo spread for the source and the acoustics of the environment. Move the built-in cardioid pattern mics from an XY configuration - which gives you tight imaging, to an AB position that yields a broader soundstage with more air.
The DR-07mkII's crystal-clear audio quality is a product of TASCAM's three-decades-plus of recording experience. There's solid engineering under the hood of this pint-sized gem. Separation is a key concept, particularly in compact devices. Here, TASCAM has prudently used a separate power supply for the coder-decoder, enabling the full capabilities of the AD/DA converters. Noise is abated through the implementation of separate analog & digital circuit boards and low impedance circuit design. Lots of technology packed into a small space, isn't it? It all adds up to better sound.
The DR-07mkII records at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution in WAV (BWF) or MP3 file format, and you can use microSD or microSDHC cards. The DR-07mkII is powered by two AA batteries, and up to 17.5 hours of battery life will keep you rolling through any marathon recording session. Plug your own microphone into the 1/8" mic/line input - the DR-07mkII will supply plug-in power for mics that require it! The onboard USB port facilitates file transfer to your computer and pinch-hits as a power source. Level Align tames the peaks while playing back through the 1/8" headphone output or built-in speaker.
The DR-07mkII is easy to use, but it sports some advanced recording features. If you're transcribing or learning new music, you can take advantage of the DR-07mkII's looping function - and a nifty feature called Variable-Speed Audition that changes playback speed without affecting pitch. Peak Reduction sets your optimum recording level, and Quick Menu selects frequently used parameters (such as Auto Level and Limiting) in playback or record. Need to dig deeper? A full-featured setup menu gives you access to everything.
But it doesn't end there. The DR-07mkII includes Overdub mode, which records over your previous take but keeps a copy of the original. Auto Record and Auto Mark give you the option of hands-off operation, and finally, a reverb effect is available to give your recordings a professional polish.
What a cool little device! Great-sounding stereo recordings have never been this easy, this affordable - or this portable. Pop TASCAM's DR-07mkII in your pocket and go record something.TASCAM DR-07mkII Stereo Handheld Portable Recorder Features at a Glance:
- Adjustable stereo condenser microphones (XY or AB)
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV (BWF) linear PCM recording
- Stereo MP3 recording from 32-320 kbps bit rate
- Reverb effect
- Overdub recording mode
- Auto Record and Auto Mark functions
- Peak Reduction function (optimized for music recording) automatically sets gain while recording
- Limiter and low-cut filter to help prevent distortion
- Automatic or manual level setting
- Self timer recording
- Auto and manual track increment
- Variable speed playback (50%-150%) without changing pitch
- Loop and repeat playback
- Level Align feature prevents uneven volume levels during playback
- Playback EQ setting
- Editing function (divide and delete)
- Up to 99 mark points on each file
- Chromatic tuner
- 1/8" stereo mic/line input
- USB 2.0 port for transfer to PC and external power
- Up to 2-second pre recording buffer
- Jump back function returns to previous point with one action
- 1/8" headphone/line output
- Built-in speaker
- MicroSD (64MB-2GB)/microSDHC (4GB-32GB) card slot (2GB card included)
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, AC adapter (optional: PS-P515U), or USB bus power
- Tripod socket hole