Scorching PAF-like Tone for Trem-equipped Axes
The Breed bridge pickup from DiMarzio is responsible for the fat, classic humbucker sound created by Steve Vai's iconic "Pogo" guitar. Although not as hot as DiMarzio's Evolution humbucker, The Breed takes the tone of their popular PAF Pro and makes it bigger and louder. This pickup isn't all about output, though. It offers plenty of dynamic touch response, churning out massive voltage when you pick hard, but cleaning up nicely when you back off. The guitar-slingers here at Sweetwater have found that The Breed kicks out loads of midrange punch, round lows, and screaming harmonics, especially on 25.5"-scale, trem-equipped axes. One thing's for sure, DiMarzio's The Breed is one hard-rocking bridge pickup!DiMarzio The Breed Pickup Features at a Glance:
- F-spacing, Learn more...
- The humbucker used on Steve Vai's iconic "Pogo" guitar
- Takes the tone of the PAF Pro and makes it bigger and louder
- Offers lots of dynamic touch response for incredibly expressive playing
- Delivers loads of midrange punch, round lows, and screaming harmonics
- Tailor-made for 25.5"-scale, trem-equipped electric guitars