Analog feel, digital results!
The DP-02CF from TASCAM is perfect for those of us that cut our teeth on cassette Portastudios back in the day, but now want to tap into the convenience of digital recording with a decidedly analog feel. The DP-02CF 8-track digital recorder makes recording fun, ditching menus for simple knobs and faders. Based on the legacy of over 25 years of cassette Portastudios, it sports dedicated controls for level, pan, effects send and EQ instead of the menu-cursor interface found on most other recorders. Make music with two hands with the DP-02CF!TASCAM DP-02CF at a Glance:
- Classic feel, modern convenience
- Extensive I/O
Classic feel, modern convenience
The DP-02CF user interface is virtually identical to that of a classic Portastudio. Everything is handled old-school, with faders, knobs, and basic transport controls. Record up to 8 tracks on the built-in CompactFlash. A pair of XLR mic inputs includes phantom power for condenser mics and a direct guitar input. High and low EQ controls for level and frequency are provided for every channel. You can transfer tracks and mixes to a computer using USB 2.0. Don't spend hours configuring a computer for recording when you can afford a simple box dedicated to recording music. Just like the Portastudio of yore, the DP-02CF makes recording as easy, affordable and fun!
The back panel of the DP-02CF is loaded with all the I/O you'll need to create the perfect small project or demo. A pair of phantom powered mic/line inputs enable the use of any dynamic or condenser mic. A single send and a pair of returns are great for adding external effects processing. Finished mixes can be sent into your computer (or anywhere else) via RCA analog outputs or S/PDIF optical digital connectors, or through the USB port for computer backup.
- Two XLR mic/line inputs with phantom power for condenser microphones
- Eight-track recording at uncompressed 44.1k/16-bit audio quality
- Portastudio-based interface with volume fader, pan, effect send, high and low EQ controls per channel
- EQ frequency button to access high and low EQ shelf frequencies
- USB 2.0 interface for transferring tracks, mixes and backup files to a computer
- Dedicated stereo master track for mixdown
- Internal metronome and bar/beat display for song position
- Headphone output
- Stereo line outputs on RCA analog and S/PDIF optical digital connectors
- 1GB Compact Flash card included with enough room for a dozen songs or more