The Real Deal: Real Heads, Real Cymbals, Real Sounds!
You'll love the DM10 Pro Kit. For one thing, this electronic drum kit makes it possible to practice drums at any hour of the day — even in an apartment or right next to a newly born. But more than that, the DM10 Pro Kit from Alesis sounds and plays like the real deal. How? Alesis sampled the world's best kits and packed them into the DM10 module. Add to that the acoustic-feeling RealHead pads and the SURGE Cymbals — made out of real cymbal alloy — and you've got a kit you'll want to play for hours... not to mention one phenomenal deal... with the Alesis DM10 Pro Kit.Alesis DM10 Pro Kit Electronic Drum Kit at a Glance:
- Why this kit was made for you
- The most responsive electronic drum heads
- Real cymbal alloy means these cymbals play like real cymbals
- Filled with the best kits on the planet
- The world's first-ever drum module to let you keep it fresh
- Ergonomic rack keeps your comfort a top priority
Why this kit was made for you
The heart of your kit is two-fold. First, you've got to have awesome sounds ready to go at the split-second you ask for them. But one step closer to you, you've got to have pads and cymbals that play and respond just like an acoustic kit's do. Why's that? It's because drum performance — any musical performance — is about feel and expression, and if your cymbals and pads don't cut it, the sounds won't save you. Luckily, Alesis gets it. That's why they not only gave the DM10 Pro Kit their most amazing-sounding sound module ever — the DM10 — they also went to work perfecting the playing feel of their RealHead pads and SURGE Cymbals. It's a difference you're going to notice right away. Find out more about them below.
The most responsive electronic drum heads
Like we said, the playing experience is what it's all about. And the DM10 Pro Kit has the sort of feel you'll fall in love with. The secret is the technology behind the RealHead pads and the SURGE Cymbals. We'll start with the pads. You've got two 8" RealHead pads, two 10" RealHead pads, and one 8" RealHead kick pad. We're talking about dual-zone, mylar drumheads — topped off with triple-flanged counterhoops for the playing feel you demand. That way, you can rock out with rimshots and rim clicks, or creatively assign other sounds on the tom rims — maybe wind chimes, cymbals, gongs, or cowbells... try it out.
Real cymbal alloy means these cymbals play like real cymbals
Why drum on rubber cymbals when you've got the DM10 Pro Kit with Alesis's breakthrough SURGE Cymbals on it? The magic behind these amazingly response, natural-playing electronic cymbals is that they're actually made out of cymbal alloy. Sit behind this one, close your eyes, and start shouldering the cymbals — you'll have a hard time believing these bad boys are electronic. All in all, you get a 12" SURGE hi-hat cymbal, a 13" SURGE crash cymbal — with choke — and a 16" SURGE triple-zone ride cymbal with choke. That's right.
Filled with the best kits on the planet
Playing response is just half of the equation. You've got to have awesome drum sounds on tap and ready to go. Luckily Alesis packed their most powerful sampling technology ever into the DM10 Pro Kit's DM10 drum module. Now you're ready to make the most out of the seriously responsive, seriously acoustic-playing heads and cymbals. In fact, each sound in the DM10 is actually a series of different samples, so as you play harder and softer, the drum/cymbal changes timbre, not just volume. Alesis calls it "Dynamic Articulation" — we call it phenomenal realism. And inside, you're going to find some of the most in-demand acoustic drum sounds from legendary acoustic drum brands. Beyond that, you've got go-to snare sounds and American, Canadian, Chinese, and Turkish cymbals to experiment with. Finally, drum machine sounds are your thing, you're going to find the electronic percussion sounds that have fueled the biggest hits. Long story short, you're going to find what you want — and more — in the DM10 Pro Kit.
The world's first-ever drum module to let you keep it fresh
So, not only do you have an astounding collection of sounds in the DM10 Pro Kit's DM10 module, you've got the world's first-ever drum module to let you load in new sounds via USB. That way, you can always keep your sound fresh, current, and on the cutting edge. Naturally, you can also use the DM10 Pro Kit has a trigger-to-MIDI interface, for performing or working with your favorite software... be it BFD, Toontrack, Reason, or whatever else you dig. And when it's time to practice that solo you've been meaning to, you've got an input for your iPod or MP3 player... just put on your headphones, press play, and get going.
Ergonomic rack keeps your comfort a top priority
Backing up the DM10 Pro Kit is a heavy-gauge, heavy-duty, and supremely adjustable ErgoRack. This rugged, chrome-plated ErgoRack looks awesome — and it's also ergonomically curved, so you're going to feel comfortable when you're playing. Plus, it's large enough and secure enough to mount various acoustic drums, cymbals, and percussion instruments right onto it. Quick-release, metal clamps and freely adjustable tom mounts mean you've got a kit you can set up and tear down quickly — and one that stays firmly in place whenever you're giving it your all.
- Brand-new DM10 drum-sound module with 12 trigger inputs
- Premium sound set built from real samples of real drums and cymbals
- Dynamic Articulation changes sounds' timbre along with dynamics, for added realism
- Top-panel mixer for customizing drum mix
- Built-in sequencer for practicing and creating drum tracks
- DM10 is the world's first drum-sound module that enables USB sound loading
- Can be used with software drum modules via USB
- RealHead acoustic-feel 8" and 10" dual-zone drum pads with real heads
- SURGE Cymbals are acoustic cymbals with triggers
- 12" SURGE Hi-Hat, 13" SURGE Crash with choke, 16" SURGE Ride with choke
- Ergonomically curved, chrome-plated ErgoRack
- Mix input for practicing with CD and MP3 players
- (1) DM10 drum module
- (2) 8" RealHead Drum Pads
- (2) 10" RealHead Drum Pads
- (1) 8" RealHead Kick Pad with tower
- (1) 12" SURGE Hi-Hat Cymbal
- (1) 13" SURGE Crash Cymbal
- (1) 16" SURGE Ride Cymbal
- (1) ErgoRack with mounting clamps and arms
- (1) Hi-Hat pedal
- (1) Set of interconnection cables
- Polyphony: 64 voices
- Memory: 128 MB, linear
- Audio inputs: stereo (2 x RCA)
- Trigger inputs: 12 dual zone (12 x 1/4" TRS)
- Hi-hat controller input: continuous compatible (1 x 1/4")
- MIDI: In, Out (2 x DIN MIDI)
- Audio outputs: stereo Main (2 x 1/4" balanced), stereo Aux assignable (2 x 1/4" balanced)
- Headphone output: stereo (1 x 1/4" TRS)
- Computer: High-speed USB for MIDI and computer transfer (1 x USB slave)
- Preset sounds: 1,047
- Preset sound type: 16-bit uncompressed samples
- Preset kits: 100 Preset kits and 100 User kits. 200 kit locations in all.
- Sequencer patterns: 75 preset, 25 user (all patterns can be overwritten). 100 Patterns in all.
- Basses: 55
- Beatbox: 55
- Beat/drum machine: 59
- Chinas: 13
- Crashes: 36
- Hi-hats: 25
- One-hits: 349
- Kicks: 91
- Percussion: 151
- Rides: 28
- SFX: 31
- Toms: 69