Incredibly Clear Digital Audio Playback!
The Benchmark DAC1 digital-to-analog converter is nothing short of amazing. It will make your mastered 16-bit CDs sound more like the original 24-bit master recordings, full of rich detail, wide stable stereo imaging and a clear high end. The DAC1 is an invaluable production tool!Benchmark DAC1 Digital-to-Analog Converter at a Glance:
- Incredible distortion-free, jitter-free output
- Stereo 24-bit/96kHz conversion with 192kHz capability
- Exclusive jitter-free UltraLock technology for real-world quality
- Automatic pre-emphasized audio processing and ultra-low distortion headphone amp
Listening to audio from the Benchmark DAC1 is an amazing experience. The distortion free output is so pristine it truly feels as though someone has finally lifted the curtain! Now you can hear detail that was previously masked by jitter induced artifacts and distortion. If it was an exceptional recording, you'll hear it, if it wasn't, you'll hear that as well.Stereo 24-bit/96kHz conversion with 192kHz capability
The Benchmark DAC1 is a two-channel, 24-bit, 96kHz digital-to-analog audio converter that is one of the more significant recent advances in digital audio conversion technology. The DAC1 provides some of the finest analog conversion through resolutions up to 24-bit/96kHz, and will play back 192kHz with a 48kHz analog bandwidth. The performance of the DAC1 is unrivaled. THD+N is an astonishing low -106dB (0.0005%) measured at 0 dBFS, at any playback frequency, at any sample rate, with any degree of input jitter, and it just gets better from there.Exclusive jitter-free UltraLock technology for real-world results
Many DACs derive their system clock directly from the AES receiver, making them very susceptible to jitter. These DACs can rarely achieve their rated performance in real world applications. By contrast, the DAC1 takes full advantage of Benchmark's jitter-free UltraLock technology. On the test bench, or at the end of 1000 feet of cable, the DAC1's performance is the same! This means you don't have to be a transmission line expert to be a great audio engineer.
Automatic pre-emphasized audio processing and ultra-low distortion headphone amp
The DAC1 also features auto-processing of pre-emphasized digital audio and Benchmark's high output, ultra-clean HPA-2 headphone amplifier technology. This technology features distortion levels of 0.0003% under load. The audio output levels may be controlled from the front panel by the same gain control that feeds the headphone amplifier or it may be preset to a precise level with multi-turn trims. The preset gain range is +10 dBu to +29 dBu at 0 dBFS. The DAC1 has built-in international 115/230 volt power.
The DAC1 is essential equipment for mastering studios, high quality recording studios, high-end home audio systems, or anywhere uncolored digital playback is a must!Benchmark DAC1 Features:
- 2-channel, 24bit, 96-kHz D-to-A conversion
- 192-kHz playback with 48kHz analog bandwidth
- THD+N = -106dB (0.0005%) measured at -0 dBFS, any sample rate, any test frequency, with any degree of input jitter!
- 116dB signal-to-noise ratio @48kHz, A weighted
- AES/EBU (XLR & Coax) and S/PDIF (XLR, Coax, & Toslink) inputs
- Digital input source-selection switch
- Balanced, lo-Z XLR outputs
- +29 dBu output level capability
- Unbalanced RCA outputs
- Variable or preset output level controls, switch selectable
- Direct connection to powered monitors
- Built-in Benchmark HPA-2, a high-output, ultra-clean headphone amplifier with dual outputs jacks
- Total jitter immunity via UltraLock technology!
- Phase Accurate D/A conversion across any number of channels
- 1 power, 2 error indicating LEDs
- Internal low-radiation toroidal power supply
- International 115-230 input voltage range
- Automatic De-emphasis for 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96kHz when Pre-emphasis bit is set
- Milled aluminum front panel
- 1/2 wide, 1RU chassis
- Equipped with non-removable rack ears; call for models without rack ears