Guild's Flagship Dreadnought with D-TAR Pickup System!
Guild has been building dreadnought acoustic guitars since 1963, and their instruments are revered for their value, reliability, tone, responsiveness, outstanding projection and sustain. The Guild Dreadnought is a full-bodied, high-volume body style that was developed with an emphasis on string-to-string balance, so that treble, mid and bass registers project evenly. The result is one of the most musically versatile dreadnoughts anywhere.
The Wave-Length combines a thin, piezo under-saddle transducer with an 18v, low-noise, high input impedance preamp, to create a system with twice the dynamic range of typical 9v systems. The 18v preamp is powered by two "AA" batteries and a voltage converter. With 18 volts, the signal has more headroom, so hard strumming won't distort as easily. The preamp also has an input for a second source, like a magnetic pickup or a soundboard transducer.
Two adjustable trim pots, one for low frequency shelving and one for high frequency shelving, allow you to fine tune and "set and forget" the bass and treble frequencies to optimize the Wave-Length for your instrument's size and shape; enabling you transparently amplify the natural timbre of your acoustic guitar with minimal coloration. The soundhole mounted Volume and Tone controls give the ultimate in final control your tonal palette.
But perhaps the coolest part of the system is D-TAR's new Load 'N Lock system, which allows quick and easy "AA" battery changes. Just unscrew the endpin "collar," remove the old batteries, and pop in the new ones. A quarter turn of the collar is all you need to lock them in place. D-TAR Wave-Length pickups are standard on all Guild acoustic-electric guitars.Guild D55 with D-TAR Features:
- Color: Natural
- Body Style - Dreadnought
- Top - Solid AAA Spruce
- Bracing - Scalloped
- Back - Solid Bookmatched Rosewood
- Sides - Solid Rosewood Sides
- Bridge - Ebony
- Neck - 3-Piece Mahogany/Maple/Mahogany
- Fretboard - Ebony (12" Radius)
- Width at Nut - 1-11/16"
- No. of Frets - 20
- Scale Length - 25 5/8"
- Hardware - Gold
- Machine Heads - Grover Gold Plated Die-cast Tuners
- Pickups - D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System with Load 'N Lock Battery Access
- Controls - Volume and Tone Controls Surface Mounted Inside the Soundhole,
- Two Adjustable Trim Pots in the Preamp, One Low Frequency Shelving and One High Frequency Shelving
- Natural Mother-of-Pearl and Abalone Position Inlays
- Bound Ebony Fingerboard
- Abalone Rosette
- Tortoise Shell Pickguard
- Includes C4520 Deluxe Hardshell Case