A Beatle Bass for the Modern Player!
This Contemporary Violin Bass gives you the classic Hofner sound, style, and playability that formed one of the cornerstones of rock music. It may be one of the most affordable Hofner basses you'll find at Sweetwater, but the Contemporary Violin Bass is the real deal. For starters, you get a spruce-topped semi-hollow flame-maple body with a 3-piece maple and beech neck for a magnificent balance of resonance and sustain. A pair of Hofner Staple humbuckers split the difference between a woody acoustic tone and a warm and rounded sound. And thanks to a full set of traditional 500/1 style tone controls, you can fit the Contemporary Violin Bass to a wide range of musical styles.
Hofner Contemporary Violin Bass at a Glance:
- Hofner Staple humbuckers deliver classic bass guitar tone
- Get the legendary look, sound, and feel of a Hofner Violin Bass
- Hofner - creating fantastic stringed instruments since 1887
Everyone knows that the biggest contributor to your tone is the set of pickups loaded in your instrument. The Staple humbuckers that come standard on the Contemporary Violin Bass are designed to provide you with the same vintage bass tone that put Hofner on the map, back in the early mid '60s. So, if you're looking for that iconic warm, woody, and almost acoustic tone, then you'll be thrilled with this Contemporary Violin Bass!Get the legendary look, sound, and feel of a Hofner Violin Bass
First introduced by lifelong violin-maker Walter Hofner at the 1956 Frankfort Musik Messe, the Hofner Violin Bass might have been an all but forgotten footnote in modern music instrument history if a young and nearly broke Paul McCartney hadn't picked one up in 1961. Favoring it for its symmetrical shape (Hofner didn't yet offer a lefty model back then) and woody sound, McCartney and the Beatles by extension made the Violin Bass one of the most iconic bass guitars of all time. And the things that made this instrument such a great choice for Paul - the balance, the tone, and the cool vintage vibe - are all yours when you pick up this Contemporary Violin Bass from Sweetwater.Hofner - creating fantastic stringed instruments since 1887
Karl Hofner sold his first violins in 1887, and the Hofner company has been hand-building exceptional instruments ever since. When Sir Paul McCartney purchased a 500/1 Violin Bass to use with The Beatles, Hofner became a household name among musicians worldwide. With a focus on top-notch craftsmanship and tone, you'll feel and hear the difference when you get the Contemporary Violin Bass in your hands.Hofner Contemporary Violin Bass Features:
- An iconic semi-hollowbody electric bass that delivers the sound, style, and feel of a classic instrument
- Flame maple back and sides topped with spruce provide plenty of natural acoustic resonance
- 3-piece maple/beech/maple neck and solid spruce center block deliver amazing natural sustain
- Hofner Staple humbuckers deliver classic warm, woody, and almost acoustic-style tone
- Full set of traditional 500/1 style tone controls let you dial the perfect sound for any gig
- Hardshell case included