The Compact Analog Mixer for Your Home Studio!
The Soundcraft COMPACT 4 mixer is suited to many applications requiring simple mix facilities, but it really comes into its own when used for recording vocals and music into your computer's DAW software! It's an economical mix solution for your project studio.Soundcraft COMPACT 4 Mixer at a Glance:
- Incredibly easy to use for recording
- Multiple input sources handle any type of mic or instrument
- 3-band input EQ, phantom power, balanced/unbalanced I/O, dual headphone outs and other pro-grade features
- Flexible true stereo monitoring allows blending live input and prerecorded tracks
Incredibly easy to use for recording
Soundcraft has incorporated many specific features to make the COMPACT 4 as easy as can be for recording use. First, it's simple to route an input straight to the record output simply by selecting the Record button on the channel.
Multiple input sources handle any type of mic or instrument
Also, The COMPACT 4 offers a wide variety of input sources. These include microphone, line, and a special DI (Direct Input) for guitars and keyboards, plus stereo inputs for keyboards, CD/tape, or turntable (with RIAA equalization). The DI input automatically matches the input impedance of the mixer to the output impedance of the instrument, ensuring professional-quality audio capture.
EQ, phantom power, dual headphone outs and other pro-grade features
Other standard features on the COMPACT 4 include 3-band EQ on the inputs, along with professional 48-volt phantom power for condenser microphones, dedicated balanced and unbalanced Record and Playback connections, independent engineer & artist headphone outputs, and monitor outputs. The COMPACT 4's dual headphone feeds provide a level of monitoring normally found in large commercial studios.
Flexible true stereo monitoring
All monitoring on the COMPACT 4 is in true stereo, rather than the mono-summed monitoring found on competitive products. This means that what you hear is always as it will be in your final master.Listening while recording is made easier thanks to a special blend control that allows you to control the mix of the computer playback mix and the signal of the track being recorded which are blended for the Artist headphone output. Using the COMPACT 4 for computer recording means zero-latency monitoring. You can listen to your track being recorded simultaneously with the playback from the computer, without the inherent signal delay of the computer sound card and host processor.
- 2 mono mic/line and 2 stereo line inputs
- XLR and 1/4" jacks
- High-quality Class A mic preamps
- 3-band EQ on all input channels
- Insert points for additional processing
- Pan and balance controls
- Switchable 48-volt phantom power and indicator
- Direct Injection for basses, guitars and keyboards
- Switchable RIAA turntable equalization
- Zero-latency monitoring
- Fail-safe recording bus
- Dedicated artist and engineer headphone monitoring
- Balanced and unbalanced record and playback connectors
- Balanced mix and monitor outputs
- Intuitive monitoring system
- Turntable ground stud
- Anti-skate rubber compound feet
- Ez-groove mounting
- Re-enforced anodized aluminium chassis