Totally Tweakable Percussion!
Define your own drums with Ableton's Collision, a unique virtual instrument for Ableton Live. Developed in collaboration with Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS), Collision uses advanced physical modeling to allow you to shape each and every aspect of your percussion sounds. You start by defining the stiffness of your virtual beater and the kind of resonant surface it's striking (e.g., beam, plate, tube, membrane, etc.) to get the general timbre of the instrument. That's when you can start to get really creative. Change hitting positions or warp the size of the resonator to create funky spatial effects. Add noise to simulate felt mallets or apply LFO, envelopes, and other syntheses to create outlandish percussion sounds. The sky's the limit when you add Ableton Collision to your Live rig!An easy way to get even more out of Ableton Live
What makes Collision different from any other VST or AU plug-in? Simple - it's not a conventional plug-in at all. Instead, Collision integrates directly into the DNA of Ableton Live, becoming one more integrated tool you can use to take your music further. What's more, Collision and all the other Ableton Live expansions use the same simple interface style as Live itself, so you don't have to learn a whole new workflow to get great new sounds in the environment you're already familiar with. You can even stack multiple Collisions together, add effect and MIDI processors, and then save it all as a Rack for future use.
Ableton Collision Virtual Instrument Features:
- A completely unique instrument for Ableton Live that lets you create and define your own percussion instrument sounds
- Created in collaboration with Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS)
- Physical modeling synthesis allows you to tweak Collision's parameters in real time
- Define your sounds by manipulating the beater, resonant surface, and other physical characteristics of your instrument
- Create cool out-of-this-world effects by applying LFOs, envelopes, and other elements of synthesis
- Comprehensive preset collection includes xylophone, glockenspiel, marimba, balaphone, vibraphone and toms
- Many parameters can be modulated via key tracking, velocity and MIDI controllers for expressive and dynamic playing